Suburban man pleads not guilty to running onto Wrigley Field

Controlled Chaos

How exactly do you explain this?? deny deny deny...that's not me....nope...I don't know that dude

August 14, 2007 (CHICAGO) - A 22-year-old suburban Chicago man has pleaded not-guilty to charges he ran onto Wrigley Field during a Cubs game.

Related Links

Get Desktop Alerts

Get ABC7 Newsletters

Kevin Kleine of Hoffman Estates faces two felony counts of criminal trespass to a public place of amusement.

Officials say Kleine ran onto the field during the June First game against Atlanta after his friends agreed to pay him $400. He was quickly caught.

He is free on bond, and his next court date is scheduled for August 27th in Skokie.

A second man faces similar charges. Officials say a barefooted Brent Kowalkoski sprinted across the field toward Cubs relief pitcher Bob Howry in late June before being tackled by a security guard.

Kowalkoski's lawyer wouldn't say why his client ran on to the field, but says the Elmwood Park resident was "under the influence."

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
How exactly do you explain this?? deny deny deny...that's not me....nope...I don't know that dude

August 14, 2007 (CHICAGO) - A 22-year-old suburban Chicago man has pleaded not-guilty to charges he ran onto Wrigley Field during a Cubs game.

Related Links

Get Desktop Alerts

Get ABC7 Newsletters

Kevin Kleine of Hoffman Estates faces two felony counts of criminal trespass to a public place of amusement.

Officials say Kleine ran onto the field during the June First game against Atlanta after his friends agreed to pay him $400. He was quickly caught.

He is free on bond, and his next court date is scheduled for August 27th in Skokie.

A second man faces similar charges. Officials say a barefooted Brent Kowalkoski sprinted across the field toward Cubs relief pitcher Bob Howry in late June before being tackled by a security guard.

Kowalkoski's lawyer wouldn't say why his client ran on to the field, but says the Elmwood Park resident was "under the influence."

He must be channelling Shaggy (singer, not cartoon character). "Wasn't me"

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 10:51 AM)
I have zero idea about that courthouse and the judges there, but I know in other counties, if you plead NG it goes to a more favorable judge, or they are just buying themselves more time and it's a procedural necessity

By favorable do you mean one that doesn't care for this silly s*** clogging up his courtroom and will likely make it worse on him than if he just pleaded guilty?

That's how they are in Will. If you ever have to go for something there, and it can somehow be resolved before you're infront of the judge, resolve it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
By favorable do you mean one that doesn't care for this silly s*** clogging up his courtroom and will likely make it worse on him than if he just pleaded guilty?

That's how they are in Will. If you ever have to go for something there, and it can somehow be resolved before you're infront of the judge, resolve it.

That's good advice anywhere, actually.