Your Tax Dollars Hard at Work

jasonxctf

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 07:05 AM)
And they got nailed for it. Good. That's actually better news than a lot of the fraud and waste going on in Iraq tht HASN'T been addressed.

As far as I can tell, the campaign contributions by the person facing indictment were essentially nil according to Opensecrets.org.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
As far as I can tell, the campaign contributions by the person facing indictment were essentially nil according to Opensecrets.org.

Are we reading the same story about the $1 million shipping charges for 19-cent washers??

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
Are we reading the same story about the $1 million shipping charges for 19-cent washers??

Yes. So naturally, I took the person's name and state, and plugged it into OpenSecrets to see if they'd been dumping money into either political party. And as far as I can tell, she hasn't been...and I'm sure this is totally unrelated to the fact that she was actually caught.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
Yes. So naturally, I took the person's name and state, and plugged it into OpenSecrets to see if they'd been dumping money into either political party. And as far as I can tell, she hasn't been...and I'm sure this is totally unrelated to the fact that she was actually caught.

Ah, I see what you are driving at. No payola = Caught suckling at the federal teat.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)
Ah, I see what you are driving at. No payola = Caught suckling at the federal teat.

OR, A) Whew! Glad she wasn't donating to Obama, or B) Damn! She wasn't donating to the Repubs!

Edited by Alpha Dog