Official Hate for the Milwaukee Brewers Thread

fathom

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ESPN broadcast basically feels like I'm watching WGN. Dave O Brien rips on Brewers marketing for the white towels, saying it shows surrender, then they show the clip in Philly where they're doing the same thing and he says 'wow, looks like a frenzy over there!'. Granted the Brewers suck and don't deserve much praise, but even when they were winning, sounded pretty biased. Doesn't help with Sutcliffe in the booth. A drinking game with # of mentions of the Cubs winning tonight will kill a lot of college students. Like the first 100 times plus bottom line and in game updates isn't enough. And anyone who uses the term "cubbies" should be shot.

Oooo great, now Sutcliffe asks DOB to repeat the phrase of the Cubs being NL Cent champs. They beat a minor league team tonight, wow, but OBrien uses the term "steamrolled the Reds", congrats on backing into a horrible division

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
Padres up 6-3 now. Cub fans outside my house are screaming. lol. f***in' losers. I can't wait until the playoffs.

This is hell, and it seems worse than it did in 2003. The sad thing is that the Cubs aren't that good.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 03:05 AM)
LMAO@the Brewers. They say a cat has 9 lives, right? Well the Brewers had about 21, and still couldn't win the worst division in baseball. fathom, I now know where you were coming from. I've already had 4 people (two of whom don't know s*** about the Cubs) call me talking s***.

You got it easy.

Weeks makes the final out two seconds ago and that f***ing song is blasted in my dorm. They proceed to sing for about ten minutes.

Then they walk out of their room -- "we're going to the playoffs". And then one of them quoted Dane Cook -- "There's only one October!". Funny thing is, I could ask the lot of 'em to name every guy on the Cubs roster right now and I'd bet a large chunk of change they couldn't do it.

Edited by CWSGuy406

The great thing about the National League is that because it is so atrocious, I cannot accurately predict who the hell will win the pennant. The Phillies have no pitching, the Diamondbacks should be under .500 and also are iffy after Webb, the Padres can't hit for s***, and the Cubs actually look like the best team of the bunch. If the Padres can find runs, they'll win easily, but every team has its own set of weaknesses that are pretty obvious.

Whoever wins the American League, assuming it's not the Indians, will steamroll the NL in the World Series.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
You got it easy.

Weeks makes the final out two seconds ago and that f***ing song is blasted in my dorm. They proceed to sing for about ten minutes.

Then they walk out of their room -- "we're going to the playoffs". And then one of them quoted Dane Cook -- "There's only one October!". Funny thing is, I could ask the lot of 'em to name every guy on the Cubs roster right now and I'd bet a large chunk of change they couldn't do it.

Ha, that'll happen. I think it's funny and I'll have fun with the morons who think they're Cub fans. I've already wished one of my Cub fan friends congrats, cause he's a die hard and I'll wish a few more people as well, the rest I'll probably just make fun of.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
Whoever wins the American League, assuming it's not the Indians, will steamroll the NL in the World Series.

Looked like that way last season as well but it didn't happen. The Padres can compete with anybody cause of their 1-2. Like I said, I don't think the Phils have a prayer of winning more than one game in the post season, the Cubs aren't good and either the Dbacks to be completely honest. I like the Indians or the Angels in the AL. Before the matchups are set, I'll throw out Pads-Angels World Series.

God dammit I come home from a hard days work (overtime nonetheless) and I have to answer my cell from quite a few of my friends (who are cub fans) turn on the t.v. and see freaking 10 different channels seeing the cubs clinch and go to soxtalk and see it's actually confirmed and not a sick joke?! Dammit. :angry:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
Looked like that way last season as well but it didn't happen. The Padres can compete with anybody cause of their 1-2. Like I said, I don't think the Phils have a prayer of winning more than one game in the post season, the Cubs aren't good and either the Dbacks to be completely honest. I like the Indians or the Angels in the AL. Before the matchups are set, I'll throw out Pads-Angels World Series.

The only reason why the Tigers lost last year was because Tigers pitchers forgot how to throw the ball to first/third base.