i am drunk

Heads22

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me a awhile to find this thread. Too long.

Anyways, to my point:

Why is Griffey playing?

Seriously, can someone answer me this? There is no logical reason why he should be playing. He's terrible offensively and horrible defensively. He can't hit for power any more and can't hit for an average (not that it would mean anything anyway). The fact that BA plays in LF when Griffey is in the game is absolutely sickening, but the fact that BA doesn't play over him in the first place is just as bad. Griffey has been absolutely pathetic since joining the Sox, there are no two ways about it. He's hitting .257/.339/.358 since joining the Sox, and his defense has been pathetic (pretty predictable stuff). For as good a HR hitter as he is, he's had ONE since joining the Sox. By comparison, Brian Anderson has had 2 since the start of August (essentially the same amount of time). Sure, ESPN may hype his experienced nature and people that have half a brain may be touting his gold gloves, but that's all in the past. Right now, he's a horrible overall player that doesn't deserve a minute of playing time on a playoff team. Yeah, he bring the fans into the stadium to potentially hit #610 (which he won't hit this season, I promise), but that's about it. It's absolutely pathetic that he's getting paid more than $10 million a year, he's simply not that good.

Really, there's absolutely no logical reason why Griffey should be starting over Anderson. BA is a far, FAR superior fielder and his offense is basically a wash, at worst. He's hitting .234/.272/.444 on the season which isn't great, but really when you're comparing it to Griffey's pathetic line its just as good. Anderson is a far superior defender (as already stated), and when you consider the fact that our pitching is very dependent on our defense, it seems absolutely ridiculous to put out a fielder that has less range than me, let alone BA. Then, when you consider that BA actually has some sort of upside as opposed to a 39-year-old CF that can't hit or play defense, it's really a no-brainer who should be starting.

Yes, Griffey was great back in the day. I'm not denying that. However, he has been absolutely abysmal since joining the White Sox and has no reason to still be getting at-bats. Seriously, he's a terrible player and that's it. Don't get fooled by the smoke and mirrors that are ESPN and the Sox PR department.

I've been meaning to say this for awhile, but I haven't found the appropriate thread to put it in. Now that I'm drunk, I figure that this is the right thread for it, especially since hardly anyone reads this s*** so its unlikely that the mass number of Griffey homers will come in here and try to discredit me.

And no, I'm not saying starting BA tonight would have made a difference. Don't go there.

(And yes, it took awhile to type this post with correct spellings; also: this post was promised to the Chat Crew... it was a long time coming)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 01:24 AM)
p.s. leinenkugel's sunset wheat tastes exactly like fruity pebbles. i swear. f***.

Yeah, Leinenkugel's doesn't make bad tasting beer. Berry weiss is epic.

I had some mix drink called a top hat tonight. It's 6 different liquors, a Budweiser and some wine. It's massive. Let's just say wow. I called my girlfriend and she kept saying I was really drunk. That's pretty accurate. Geez.

http://www.broadcaster.com/video/player.php?clip=2574

Although I've had a few shots just now, by myself, I thought others who are more intoxicated may appreciate this ATHF episode. One of the funniest and strangest I've seen.

"tonight..............you."

"All I know is ball and good...........and rape."

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 03:21 AM)
http://www.broadcaster.com/video/player.php?clip=2574

Although I've had a few shots just now, by myself, I thought others who are more intoxicated may appreciate this ATHF episode. One of the funniest and strangest I've seen.

"tonight..............you."

"All I know is ball and good...........and rape."

I want my name to be Spaghetti.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 12:38 AM)
Yeah, Leinenkugel's doesn't make bad tasting beer. Berry weiss is epic.

I had some mix drink called a top hat tonight. It's 6 different liquors, a Budweiser and some wine. It's massive. Let's just say wow. I called my girlfriend and she kept saying I was really drunk. That's pretty accurate. Geez.

You...Girlfriend.....wow, you must have been s***faced to imagine that ;) :lolhitting