i am drunk

Heads22

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:04 AM)
For the first time, and probably the only one (or rare one at least in this thread) I'm posting on this thread SOBER... Sue me.

It's late enough that you're probably intoxicated from lack of sleep.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
I figured that much when you came to my place and went straight for the Busch rather than the Miller or Corona that was in the fridge.

hey, he's a considerate drinker, it happens. I so happen to have a 24 pack of Hamm's waiting out in someone's trunk ($11 for 24 cans of beer? You bet your sweet ass that's what I'm buying).

anyways, it's homecoming week here...I wasn't even going to drink tonight and I've had 5 or so. Just hope and pray 5 doesn't turn into 13.

I met up with my friend Evan on my way home from work today, and we started hanging out right when I got back. That plus no food all day equals some fun times at only 7. Heading out to the bars in a few hours, that should make things even more enjoyable.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
I met up with my friend Evan on my way home from work today, and we started hanging out right when I got back. That plus no food all day equals some fun times at only 7. Heading out to the bars in a few hours, that should make things even more enjoyable.

Now I have a George Thorougood song going trhough my head. :lolhitting

I got a bit of bad news regarding a freelance gig that I have been doing for te last two years and, frankly, kicking arse on but for some reason I'm not being renewed for the new contract year. :angry: :angry:

Pain Killers, Tahitian Sunsets, and Pineapple Donga Punch has helped me wrap my brain around the friggin' $24K I'm not going to be making on this contract this coming year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 10, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
I had some Pain Killer last night. It was a bit sweet for my taste but it was pretty good.

They are sweet, but if you stick to 4:2:1:1 as your pineapple/rum/oj/coco lopez ratio, and if you dust with fresh grated nutmeg like the original Soggy Dollar Bar and Pusser's incarnations do, I think it's a well balanced drink.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 10, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
They are sweet, but if you stick to 4:2:1:1 as your pineapple/rum/oj/coco lopez ratio, and if you dust with fresh grated nutmeg like the original Soggy Dollar Bar and Pusser's incarnations do, I think it's a well balanced drink.

Yeah I had it at a restaurant and it wasn't nearly as good as yours sounds. We actually just got it in a big bucket and split it between 3 people. I was expecting to walk out of the place pretty drunk, but a high tolerance and the apparently limited amount of alcohol in it left me feeling just OK.

• 1 month later...

Luxuriating in the silky depths of the Duval Cruzer. . .

Somebody out in TikiLand created a brilliant mai tai variant he called the "Rabid Mongoose" that substituted key limes for persian limes and then added Cruzan Blackstrap rum to stand up to the key lime. I've been tweaking that recipe to showcase the blackstrap and the key lime, but to also keep the drink solidly in the mai tai family. The result is the Duval Cruzer, a gorgeous, hardcore ubertiki drink that will kill 1/3 of you on contact, leave another 1/3 blind and deaf in one ear, and elevate the remaining 1/3 of you to a higher level of consciousness. For anyone who dares, I gives you the Duval Cruzer:

• 1 oz fresh-squeezed key lime juice (juice from a bottle will NOT cut it. juice from key limes stolen from your elderly neighbor's tree under cover of darkness is worth extra points)

• 1.5 oz Cruzan Blackstrap Navy Rum (Fan-frigging-tastic stuff - not for the faint of heart)

• 1.5 oz white rum (Cruzan or Appleton if you have it, Bacardi if you must)

• 0.75 oz sour mix of choice (make your own or splurge on the Roskin's Bob Esmino mix for bonus tiki style points)

• 0.75 oz orgeat syrup (next to the rum and lime, this is the heart of the mai tai)

• 2 dash Angoustoura bitters

• sprig mint garnish

Shake all ingredients with crushed ice and pour into a double old-fashioned glass, rocks glass, or other appropriate vessel. Spin up ypur favorite Lex Baxter or Martin Denny exotica, and join the Luau

For those that survive the initiation Rituale, this drink is liquid religion.

As to the question of whether I'm drunk enough to post in this thread. . . If I'm drunk enough to give away the secrets of Tikivana, then I'm fairly well lit. :drink

[sadly, it's pro'lly only Tiki Acolyte Tex who would give this drink a whirl, but he's all busy with work and school and cr@p and won't have time to build this monument to decadence. Alas, I drink alone in the Quiet Village by the Sea]

*hic!*

Tonight will be a great night. I am already drunk, it is 80's night at one of the bars in town, they have $1 pitchers. You know that feeling you get that the night is going to be incredible? I have that feeling right now. A drunken, heartbroken, nearly bankrupt and a nothing to lose Duke is about to descend upon Carbondale.

This is one of those nights.

(I am posting this so I have proof I called it).