Hawaii

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)
Has anyone ever lived in, or known anyone who lived in Hawaii? I'm trying to get an idea of exactly how expensive it is to live there from some real life experiences.....sorry, vacationing there doesn't count. :P

Thx.

I lived there for three years!!

Unfortunately they were the first three years of my life and i have no actual recollection of it. I believe I will be of little help to you.

If it helps though, I know we lived in a roach motel of an an apartment and my parents would literally count the slices of bologna in the packages at th store to try to get the package with an extra slice in it.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Just watch Dog the Bounty Hunter. It should give you a good idea.

I was going to suggest HAWAII 5-0, but I guess that is really dated.

Don't bother with MAGNUM P.I., I think he was rich.

Edited by Kid Gleason

I have not been there but Iam gonna give you my opinion anyways from others experience.There is no middle ground when it comes to financial class in Hawaii.To live in comfort you will overpay,and then there is a ton of poverty down going on down there.Keep Hawaii as a vacation spot.

QUOTE(shipps @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
I have not been there but Iam gonna give you my opinion anyways from others experience.There is no middle ground when it comes to financial class in Hawaii.To live in comfort you will overpay,and then there is a ton of poverty down going on down there.Keep Hawaii as a vacation spot.

not true.

Been here on the beeeg island for 8 months now. It is an amazing place with amazing people but its not for everyone. It is expensive but not much more than southern california. Each island is different, which one were you thinking. oahu=city maui=suburbs big island=country kuai=nature.

QUOTE(Stocking @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 05:07 AM)
not true.

Been here on the beeeg island for 8 months now. It is an amazing place with amazing people but its not for everyone. It is expensive but not much more than southern california. Each island is different, which one were you thinking. oahu=city maui=suburbs big island=country kuai=nature.

do they really call it "the big island"?