Hurricane Dean & Lessons learned

Texsox

When I was growing up in Chicago, I wondered how people could be caught by a hurricane. People talk about them for days leading up. How could you not be prepared?

Then I moved to the Gulf Coast. This is about the tenth hurricane that *may* hit me. So far, we've had two big rains, but for the most part nothing. So once again I'm not doing anything to prepare, until last night.

Driving back from San Antonio I passed over 100 Military Humvees and support equipment. Once I arrived in McAllen, I discovered about 500 buses, from school buses to nice coaches, lined up at our civic center and filling an old walmart parking lot. And I'm 80 miles from the coast!

I guess we've learned some lessons.

Hey Kap, room at your house? I'll bring the beer :cheers

We have our own mini-hurricane going on right now. They said on the news that in the past week we've had enough rain to get our total up to November. My yard is a giant sponge, and it spells like a friggin' swamp everywhere I go. As I type this I amj staring into another massive storm rolling in.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
We have our own mini-hurricane going on right now. They said on the news that in the past week we've had enough rain to get our total up to November. My yard is a giant sponge, and it spells like a friggin' swamp everywhere I go. As I type this I amj staring into another massive storm rolling in.

If I'm not mistaken, a good chunk of the rain you are getting is the remnants of TS Erin, so that's gotta count for something.