Apple hates my family MacBook problem

Texsox

My son has had three iPods crash and burn, but decided when he went off to college he needed a Mac Book. I'll admit I liked the packaging and the look and feel, and I imagine after a learning curve I could grow to love a Mac, until today. His "D" key stopped working. Less than a month old and a keyboard failure. :stick damn them. Of course he didn't take the packaging with him, and now I'm trying to help from a few hundred miles away.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
My son has had three iPods crash and burn, but decided when he went off to college he needed a Mac Book. I'll admit I liked the packaging and the look and feel, and I imagine after a learning curve I could grow to love a Mac, until today. His "D" key stopped working. Less than a month old and a keyboard failure. :stick damn them. Of course he didn't take the packaging with him, and now I'm trying to help from a few hundred miles away.

I have had my Macbook Core Duo and havent had any issues. The only defect was the case yellowed as it was first gen.

The only issue that I have is with the install media. Make sure you keep yours. It is specific to the model/make and proc level. I lost mine, and just picked up a 200 gig drive. I go to install OSX using my bosses MacBook Core Duo 2 one gen ahead and I get the "Cannot install Software on this computer". Contact Apple, and had to purchase install media for my version. Kinda a pisser.