GREAT!!! More rain just outside my window!!!

Kid Gleason

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
I like the rain.

Normally I LOVE the rain, but lately I've been dodging a HUGE bullet. Not saying anything about it though. Knock on wood.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
Ah, buy a windbreaker and deal with it (HA!)

That should probably be "rainslicker", but I'll let it slide just for the nice cross-thread reference.

Edited by Kid Gleason

My summer softball league playoffs have been postponed one week, and I think we are going to lose another week as well. Fall league starts tonite, but I doubt we are going to play with as much ground saturation as there is right now. Unless it is 95 degrees all day today with a strong wind, I doubt it will dry up.

Its kind of a bummer, we played the entire summer with no rainouts. The playoffs start, and we are completely rained out.

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 08:03 AM)
I was finally able to mow yesterday. It needs it again already.

I had to go over my lawn twice, because the first pass was so horrible due to the still-wet grass clumping and clogging the blades.

Turned out decent, but one pass is bad enough with the size of my yard.

Well with all of the rain this summer, my backyard looks great. The wife has been planting perennials in the backyard sign we moved in 4 years ago. With the conditions being so tropical it looks like the Amazon back there now. Our vegetable garden has never looked so good. All of the plants have grown to record levels, and we have started picking some of the vegetables.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
Well with all of the rain this summer, my backyard looks great. The wife has been planting perennials in the backyard sign we moved in 4 years ago. With the conditions being so tropical it looks like the Amazon back there now. Our vegetable garden has never looked so good. All of the plants have grown to record levels, and we have started picking some of the vegetables.

Our tomato plants are threatening to engulf our house and kill us all.

I've had a million wonderful home-grown tomatoes this summer, and there are still some green ones on the vines.

But our summer squash and green pepper plants still suck ass. Go figure.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)

And with the plants and flowers come the weeds. I walked on the other side of the house last night and it looked like something out of little shop of horrors over there in just a week. So much for spending a s***load of $$ on Preen. :angry:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 10:41 AM)
Our tomato plants are threatening to engulf our house and kill us all.

I've had a million wonderful home-grown tomatoes this summer, and there are still some green ones on the vines.

But our summer squash and green pepper plants still suck ass. Go figure.

Our tomatoes are just barely getting by for some reason. My cucumber pickles did O.K., but that is about it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
Tornado warnings in Lombard. Any anywhere else?

ALL OVER. There have been warnings in De Kalb, Kane, Du Page, Will, and Cook Counties already. I saw a small tornado near NIU, so I know of at least one. There was another sighted near Bolingbrook, a warehouse collapse in Carol Stream, apparently there is one near Tinley Park, they are all heading for the city too. Pretty nasty.

Northbrook: BIG dark storm, branches flying out of trees. Came in, in a hurry. Where I am working has backup generators, but no one here had ever seen a power outage before... and the power went out (briefly - PC's still up).

Winds look wicked.

Multiple tornadoes reporting in Bolingbrook and Mokena.