GREAT!!! More rain just outside my window!!!

Kid Gleason

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
It's very dark, rainy, and threatening here in the Loop.

I'm getting pretty sick of this weather, too. Did we suddenly get transported to Seattle or something?

Seattle gets much more soothing and calming rain. Not this type of mayhem.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Jeez that was fast - radar says the main front is already out over the lake and head out of the area. Just a bunch of rain left behind. I wonder if any of those reported tornadoes touched down.

So I'm guessing were gonna get the sox game in tonight. :lol:

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Jeez that was fast - radar says the main front is already out over the lake and head out of the area. Just a bunch of rain left behind. I wonder if any of those reported tornadoes touched down.

They said bollingbrook.

I live in the loop, and i know the chances are basically 0 percent of it happening, but dread the day that a tornado actually hits the loop and does some real damage.

I live by the Sheridan Red Line (Irving Park/Sheridan) and lets just say it was decimated. Trees ripped apart (looked like a saw had cut through them at about 5 ft off the ground) and these were 20-30 ft tall trees. Light posts were on the street, it was pretty bad.

A few blocks north where my apartment is though there was relatively little damage.

But it looked abd.

Just got home. Took 3 hours to drive from Northbrook to Bucktown (roughly Damen/Webster). Tree bits down everywhere. We lost a small tree, and the lot next door had a bunch of old, neat trees torn to shreds. Didn't hit the house it appears, fortunately. Once it calms down a bit, I need to go out and get our tree out of our neighbor's drive.

Yikes.

And according a source in Elburn (way west burbs), the waves just keep on coming. More to come for the city.

In my area Schaumburg I heard a tornado touched down on Wise/Roselle Rd if any of you know where that is, pretty busy intersection. Think I was without power for about 3 hours and the sun pump was almost overflowing, this day has been a pain, even worse I cut the lawn before it happened so I guess I can expect to cut it again tomorrow if the rain holds up. <_>

Edited by ChWRoCk2

My store isn't too far, on lake street just off of Roselle rd. Power went out a little after 3, and it let up enough for me to start gonig home around 5. Then I guess it picked back up again around 6. Can't wait to see if i have any damage tomorrow morning.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
My store isn't too far, on lake street just off of Roselle rd. Power went out a little after 3, and it let up enough for me to start gonig home around 5. Then I guess it picked back up again around 6. Can't wait to see if i have any damage tomorrow morning.

It touched down around 330, and plus I basically live off of that intersection and it was just really windy and pouring. Sure youll be alright.

That was the craziest storm I have ever seen. Around 3 PM in Des Plaines, it looked like a hurricane outside. It took 2 1/2 hours to get home from work and it was down-pouring the entire time. Then I get home and the power is out! I have never seen a storm that heavy last for that long. The lightning we saw on 355 heading towards Woodridge was amazing.

Well, business was fine, but home has still the bottom 6 or 7 feet flooded, the deck box is now aall the way on the other side of the yard, and I had to tkae the 4th exit out of my subdivision, as the other 3 were flooded. The 4th was also, but not as deep as the other 3, so I drove thru that one. Expressways were fine. getting to them was another story. Hope everyone is OK.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)
I've emptied water out of the pool 3 times since Saturday, and it's not supposed to stop raining at night until Saturday!

Mine too (2 Acres). I'm hoping to be able to hit it again on Saturday.

Well, even with various crews working all night, things are still screwed up. North side of the city is still pretty messy, still some stoplights out too, which will make for a fun morning commute (glad I left at 6). Still lights out here in the northbrook area too, and trees down ALL over the place.

Sounds like the north shore got it really bad - talked to a guy who drove down Sheridan Road last night through Winnetka and Wilmette, and said there were hundreds of big old trees just completely uprooted. Traffic was driving on people's lawns.

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 06:35 AM)
Mine too (2 Acres). I'm hoping to be able to hit it again on Saturday.

When I got home is was calm and summy so I emptied it to about 2 inches below the skimmer since it was supposed to rain more. This morning it's nearly OVER the skimmer and pouring out on it's own. That's at least 5 inches of water.

The clouds were amazing. I got some great pictures. Luckily we never lost power and the pump was pumpin'. The lake in the back however has made it's way up tp about 25 feet from my deck. The rest of the neighbors kids swing sets are unusable as they are in at least a few inches of water. A lot of them on lower ground got water in their basements though.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:37 AM)
How is the clarity of your pool? I fought an algae battle after vacation but it has been reduced to a cloudy issue that I thinkis pH related.

It was terrible, but last Sunday I dropped in a bottle of "FLOC". Pour that in the skimmer, let it circulate for a day then turn the filter off overnight. Next day there should be a "cloud" in the middle of the pool. Put your filter to "waste" and vacuum out the mess SLOWLY - the "floc" is light and will spread all over the pool easily. The floc will continue to "work" and you just keep sucking it out as it accumulates. It normally takes 2, 3 days max, but with this rain it's taking longer.

Your PH should be high right now. Don't bother trying to fix it until you resolve the cloudy issue. Waste of chemicals.

So as i have mentioned before I live within a 3wood (in mymind) of the sears tower. Last night from my roof deck you could watch the lightning repeatedly strike the sears tower with clarity. My friend recorded it on his cell phone and it was unreal how clear it is.