GREAT!!! More rain just outside my window!!!

Kid Gleason

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
So as i have mentioned before I live within a 3wood (in mymind) of the sears tower. Last night from my roof deck you could watch the lightning repeatedly strike the sears tower with clarity. My friend recorded it on his cell phone and it was unreal how clear it is.

that would be kinda cool to watch actually.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
So as i have mentioned before I live within a 3wood (in mymind) of the sears tower. Last night from my roof deck you could watch the lightning repeatedly strike the sears tower with clarity. My friend recorded it on his cell phone and it was unreal how clear it is.

I was watching it hit buildings in Oak Brook on 355 the same way. My eyes started to hurt because there were so many flashes, and I could see several "ghost images" of lightning strikes if I closed my eyes.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 12:37 PM)
I was watching it hit buildings in Oak Brook on 355 the same way. My eyes started to hurt because there were so many flashes, and I could see several "ghost images" of lightning strikes if I closed my eyes.

You were closing your eyes and seeing ghost images while driving on 355 in a storm?! Glad I wasn't on that highway.

:P

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 10:56 PM)
In my area Schaumburg I heard a tornado touched down on Wise/Roselle Rd if any of you know where that is, pretty busy intersection. Think I was without power for about 3 hours and the sun pump was almost overflowing, this day has been a pain, even worse I cut the lawn before it happened so I guess I can expect to cut it again tomorrow if the rain holds up. <_>

Jesus, that's like a mile from my house. Was there any serious damage from that tornado?

QUOTE(rowandrules83 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 01:04 PM)
Jesus, that's like a mile from my house. Was there any serious damage from that tornado?

According to what I've read today, there was no tornado. There were funnel clouds reported in Geneva/Elburn, and around Bolingbrook. But no other mention of any actual tornadoes. Most of the damage, apparently, was just really strong straight-line winds.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 01:59 AM)
Hope you're not complaining, Tony. You do know, of course, about the many possibilities now open to you and your girlfriend in the dark?

These sorts of things always cause a baby boom, you know.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)
Everything is kind of "bright" and there is some yellow thing in the sky! Anybody have any idea what the heck that's all about???

Yeah, I saw that yellow thing too, but before I got too worried the sky went back to its normal dark gray color and I calmed down. Whew.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
We are now working on 50 hours without power, and are back at the in-laws for showers and dinner. I hate NIPSCO. They suck. There is still a wire laying on my fence that they haven't done anything about.

Well, if it makes you feel better... there are still about 8000 homes in the Chicago area (ComEd) without power. Mostly in Wilmette, Glenview and other North Shore burbs. Supposed to be 100% back up by tomorrow night.

Did you get power back yet?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 08:32 AM)
Well, if it makes you feel better... there are still about 8000 homes in the Chicago area (ComEd) without power. Mostly in Wilmette, Glenview and other North Shore burbs. Supposed to be 100% back up by tomorrow night.

Did you get power back yet?

We got power back at 12:30 pm yesterday. It was 68 hours, bad enough in ideal conditions, not real fun with a near 2 year old.