8/22 Games

maggsmaggs

Charlotte Loses 7-2

Sweeney 1-3

Perezes with 2 hits a piece

Sisco: 3.2 inn, 7 hits, 5 runs (4 ER,) 3 walks and 4 Ks.

B-Ham Loses 8-3

Wing: 4.2 inn, 5 hits, 5 ER, 2 BBs and 4 Ks

Malone: no outs recorded, 3 hits, 3 runs

Garrett: 3-5

Armstrong: 3-4, HR

Getz: 1-3, 1 run, 2 walks

Winston-Salem Wins 10-2

Orlando: 4-6, 2 runs, 2 doubles,

Gartrell/Roberts: 3 hits a piece

Rodriguez another strong start: 7 inn, 7 hits, 1 ER, 1 BB and 3 Ks

Lujan: 2 inn, 2 hits, 1 run (unearned,) 2 BBs and 4 Ks

Kanny Wins 9-7

Gomes: 5-5, 3 runs, 2B and a HR

Miranda: 2-5, 2 runs

Shelby/Carter: 1 hit (Shelby Grand Slam)

Allen: 2-5, HR

Bristol Postponed because of rain

Great Falls Postponed because of Rain

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
Didn't Shelby just hit a Grand Slam the other day too?

Lately I've almost began to stop thinking about Carter when I check the box for Kanny. Allen, Carter, and Shelby have been impressive this year.

Shelby batted .282 with 3HR and 26RBIs before the all-star break (65 games), in August alone (19 games) he has pretty much outdone that entire first half of the season as he is hitting .366 with 7 HR and 25 RBIs.

Im assuming Shelby, Carter, and Gomes all be in high A next year. I still have hope on Gomes because id have to say there is a reason rogers loved him and he was in the futures game. Than I was a fan of both Shelby/Carter since the moment we drafted them so happy to see them succeed.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 01:48 AM)
Im assuming Shelby, Carter, and Gomes all be in high A next year.

They should have been there THIS season. Namely Carter and Shelby. Hey Carter, your rockin that terrible .901 ops so you stay in low A and work on your swing. But I can see the sox brass taking their time with these kids, even though they're taking their sweet ass time with them.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)
They should have been there THIS season. Namely Carter and Shelby. Hey Carter, your rockin that terrible .901 ops so you stay in low A and work on your swing. But I can see the sox brass taking their time with these kids, even though they're taking their sweet ass time with them.

What use do the Sox have to rush Carter through the system? They have a 1Bman and DH for atleast the next 3 years, so it's not like his presence is going to be needed anyways. And Shelby just started hitting in August....280 with no power doesn't mean you deserve a promotion, it means you are performing moderately well.

Gartrell and Micah will probably be in Birmingham next season. Carter, Shelby, and Gomes (like previously stated) will probably be in W-S next season. I wonder why Jim Gallagher is still at G-F, he should be promoted to Kanny if you ask me.

Edited by BearSox

I wonder why Jim Gallagher is still at G-F, he should be promoted to Kanny if you ask me.

I have mentioned this a couple of times, hopefully it will click, the Great Falls guys are still in Great Falls for two reasons. One, they are playing very well together, are gaining confidence, and learning the nuances of pro baseball. Two, the team is in a pennant race for the first time in quite a while. The ownership (which is basically the Great Falls community) is excited, it's very good for the franchise and it's very good for the White Sox' relationship with the franchise.

A key factor for some of these young players is learning how to win as a group. Great Falls team is winning as a group, there are about two weeks left and this is the absolute worst time to start moving guys around to the other farm teams. It is not as simple as player does well for 2 months = player gets promoted. There are other very important factors. Leaving players in winning situations and letting them go into the offseason very confident in their skills is important.

QUOTE(Markbilliards @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)
How bout some love for Allen too? He might deserve Winston Salem.

I have love for the guy, after all he's a fellow 2/12/86 DOB guy. Problem is, he's a DH, has a 34/116 BB to K ratio, and only has a .327 on base and .786 OPS. That ain't getting it done for a 21 year old at low a ball.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)
I have mentioned this a couple of times, hopefully it will click, the Great Falls guys are still in Great Falls for two reasons. One, they are playing very well together, are gaining confidence, and learning the nuances of pro baseball. Two, the team is in a pennant race for the first time in quite a while. The ownership (which is basically the Great Falls community) is excited, it's very good for the franchise and it's very good for the White Sox' relationship with the franchise.

A key factor for some of these young players is learning how to win as a group. Great Falls team is winning as a group, there are about two weeks left and this is the absolute worst time to start moving guys around to the other farm teams. It is not as simple as player does well for 2 months = player gets promoted. There are other very important factors. Leaving players in winning situations and letting them go into the offseason very confident in their skills is important.

Also, lets all remember that the new director of player development has specifically said he wants to be patient with the young talent.