Cubs pick up Monroe

CanOfCorn

This is our annual sixty-one: the single-minded harping record. You're trying to set a record for most Cubs comments, breaking either Hangar's record or Cuck the Fubs: last year Flash tried to break the record with Liriano: SSI71 is trying to break the record with Walker but he's faltered of late: WhiteSoxFan101 is trying to crack it with Ozzie: LV wants to do it with Rowand, but he doesn't have the longevity or the total posts on it to make it: I'm trying to do it this year with Gavin Floyd and John Schuerholz.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 02:13 PM)
This is our annual sixty-one: the single-minded harping record. You're trying to set a record for most Cubs comments, breaking either Hangar's record or Cuck the Fubs: last year Flash tried to break the record with Liriano: SSI71 is trying to break the record with Walker but he's faltered of late: WhiteSoxFan101 is trying to crack it with Ozzie: LV wants to do it with Rowand, but he doesn't have the longevity or the total posts on it to make it: I'm trying to do it this year with Gavin Floyd and John Schuerholz.

I've posted about the Cubs before??? I don't think so...and actually, this was more of a Tigers question. Thanks for playing though.

Anyone societally involved in Chicago who is known as a White Sox fan is impacted daily by the happenings of the cubs right now. I have to admit a cub win stings a whole more than a Sox loss at this point in time. The fact that they are a mediocore team that is luckier than s*** is the worst part about it. They could easily have been swept by the Giants and I am not sure what is going to happen today but they are lucky f***s who are treated in the media like they are 40 games over. The history and media bias is what really pisses me off and why I despise them and opine on them more often any anything other than the White Sox. They are the f***ing Los Angeles Clippers yet are treated like the Yankees and Red Sox. They can not even call the Cardinals rivals yet they pretend that they are.

monroe is a great hitter of the high inside fastball. He kills those pitches and has shown that he is a decent #2 hitter. Of course this year he regressed into a player that was dfa. Now the cubs want to pick him up so yet another player can block the dev of Matt Murton.

When listing, use semi-colons instead of colons.

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:08 PM)
When listing, use semi-colons instead of colons.

I know. You can see my political blog for that, as when I list like that, I use semi-colons but for some reason, I didn't this time. It was a real reason to me at the time, rather than an oversight, but I don't remember why.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Anyone societally involved in Chicago who is known as a White Sox fan is impacted daily by the happenings of the cubs right now. I have to admit a cub win stings a whole more than a Sox loss at this point in time. The fact that they are a mediocore team that is luckier than s*** is the worst part about it. They could easily have been swept by the Giants and I am not sure what is going to happen today but they are lucky f***s who are treated in the media like they are 40 games over. The history and media bias is what really pisses me off and why I despise them and opine on them more often any anything other than the White Sox. They are the f***ing Los Angeles Clippers yet are treated like the Yankees and Red Sox. They can not even call the Cardinals rivals yet they pretend that they are.

That's what everyone said about the 05 White Sox, 'lucky', but that didn't kill our buzz any, did it?

A lot of things have to fall into place for a team to win the WS and luck is one of them.

LOTTA baseball left to play this season. Chill out, me thinks you'll be smiling in Oct. ;)

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
That's what everyone said about the 05 White Sox, 'lucky', but that didn't kill our buzz any, did it?

A lot of things have to fall into place for a team to win the WS and luck is one of them.

LOTTA baseball left to play this season. Chill out, me thinks you'll be smiling in Oct. ;)

We were wire to wire best team in the division, won 99 games and ran 11-1 through the playoffs. The cubs are 4 games over .500 in the worst division in baseball and have zero chance at 90 wins.