It's about f***ing time!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20414211/site/newsweek/

For those who don't know, this illegal alien, criminal has been holed up in some church in Chicago for the past year or so. She has spent that time making various demands of the Federal Government, politicians and various commentators pushing for amnesty for an estimated 12 million of her fellow criminals who are illegally residing within the United States. She has FINALLY been arrested and deported by the ICE for her crimes. To my way of thinking, this felon should have been arrested just as soon as her whereabouts were known last year and those harboring her should have been thrown in jail as well. It's an absolute travesty how this saga was allowed to continue for so long.

070822_SanctuaryArellano_hsmall.small.jpCRIMINAL

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, I can now sleep at night knowing this criminal, who was such a detrimint on society, is locked away. I'm so glad the Government focused on her and not the gang bangers in the LA and Chicago areas.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 05:33 AM)
Whew, I can now sleep at night knowing this criminal, who was such a detrimint on society, is locked away. I'm so glad the Government focused on her and not the gang bangers in the LA and Chicago areas.

Regardless of whatever other crime is going on, when someone thumbs their nose at the law and basically dares you to arrest her, you pretty much have to to just that or else it really sends the wrong message. Yes, there are more serious crimes going on that police could tend to, but if they would have allowed her to remain 'free' after she fled that church, that would have looked really bad.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 07:11 AM)
Regardless of whatever other crime is going on, when someone thumbs their nose at the law and basically dares you to arrest her, you pretty much have to to just that or else it really sends the wrong message. Yes, there are more serious crimes going on that police could tend to, but if they would have allowed her to remain 'free' after she fled that church, that would have looked really bad.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:00 AM)
Unfortunately she is also seen as a savior/martyr type by the immigrant population, so the government loses for following the law.

Actually, she hasn't been that martyr type as much as you might think. Many national hispanic columnists and pundits are kinda glad she is gone. They wanted a 'face' for the immigration issue, and she wasn't exactly the best one they could have had. kicked out twice, using stolen ss numbers, not learning english even though she had been here for a while, a single mother with the father no where in sight and using her son like a pawn. Sure, groups like La Raza are up in arms, but they are so racist an organization and crazy that they think Taco Bell is an insult to hispanics. It may be an insult to thier taste buds and our gastrointestinal systems, but that is about it.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:40 AM)
Just because there are worse travesties in the world, that doesn't mean that any others should be ignored.

I just find it a stretch to call this a travesty. But that's just my opinion.

I read a quote from the guys who were following her. They said they didn't go after her in the church because it would have been a struggle. There were lots of people there protecting her. They waited for her to leave and get out into the open. As soon as she did that she was arrested.

I think the funniest part about it is that she is still spewing crap about the US government owing her rights. Oh and the Mexican Senate doesn't agree with the treatment the US had towards her. Spank, spank.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 07:55 AM)
I read a quote from the guys who were following her. They said they didn't go after her in the church because it would have been a struggle. There were lots of people there protecting her. They waited for her to leave and get out into the open. As soon as she did that she was arrested.

I think the funniest part about it is that she is still spewing crap about the US government owing her rights. Oh and the Mexican Senate doesn't agree with the treatment the US had towards her. Spank, spank.

Umm.. they let her leave the church. Arrive at the airport. Wait in line. Fly to California. Claim her luggage. Then they approached her. I can see why they didn't go after her at the church while her son was around - and even that's debatable since her son made a few trips to DC to meet the prez over this. But for them to say they couldn't get her before this is complete bulls***.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 09:02 AM)
Umm.. they let her leave the church. Arrive at the airport. Wait in line. Fly to California. Claim her luggage. Then they approached her. I can see why they didn't go after her at the church while her son was around - and even that's debatable since her son made a few trips to DC to meet the prez over this. But for them to say they couldn't get her before this is complete bulls***.

From a law enforcement perspective, I can see why they would wait for her to leave Chicago. The local press has been following the case quite avidly, whereas in LA, there would probably be a lot fewer cameras.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:05 AM)
From a law enforcement perspective, I can see why they would wait for her to leave Chicago. The local press has been following the case quite avidly, whereas in LA, there would probably be a lot fewer cameras.

And making the local law enforcement look like idiots. Whatever floats their boat. But as I said, this was not their first opportunity to nab her.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
And making the local law enforcement look like idiots. Whatever floats their boat. But as I said, this was not their first opportunity to nab her.

"local" law enforcement, in this case Chicago PD, wasn't going to arrest her. Daley hasn't let the dogs loose on illegal immigrants, that's not the way he wants the department run. So I'd suspect that CPD has been told specifically NOT to arrest her. Let the Feds handle it.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:19 AM)
"local" law enforcement, in this case Chicago PD, wasn't going to arrest her. Daley hasn't let the dogs loose on illegal immigrants, that's not the way he wants the department run. So I'd suspect that CPD has been told specifically NOT to arrest her. Let the Feds handle it.

I'm aware. Thanks.

Gas prices. Shorter drive to Tijajuana from L.A. than from Chicago

I thought I heard on the radio that she drove out there with some of her 'supporters'.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 09:17 AM)
I thought I heard on the radio that she drove out there with some of her 'supporters'.

Not that it matters, but Yahoo said she and 2 friends flew.

All I know is that every time I make a sentimental visit to Albany Park, I want to cry. The Jewish, German, Irish and Scandinavian immigrants who came there treated the neighborhood a lot different than the current clientele. Oh well, gentrificiation is slowly moving into that high density apartment neighborhood. Time for the gangbangers to start finding a different war zone. Yes arresting and deporting that woman was long overdue.

Kind of why I moved out of Berwyn. The neighbors thought my front lawn was an oil filter recycling dump. Not to mention the beer bottles and wonderful music blaring at all hours of the day and night. I need not digress anymore. I drive through the town now and again and I cannot believe how bad it looks.