It's about f***ing time!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)
Wouldn't the credit check determine that the Social Security number is fraudulent?

It should, but depending on the service it might just come back as a SS# mismatch.

Believe it or not, the Patriot Act made it harder to open a bank account and therefore easier to spot this kind of fruad. My mom got hit with an illegal immigrant using her SS#. She found out when she opened a new checking account.

I think bank employees should be able to get certified with Homeland security for spotting SS and credit fraud and should be able to report suspicious activity. Hell, we're regulated out the butt enough as it is. Why not add a little more and pay me some $$ while we're at it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:30 AM)
^^^^^^

Didn't take long for me to find someone I agreed with. I just do not understand this segment of the illegals. A far better approach, IMNSHO is

A. Yes we are here illegally, but we have led respectable lives. We've worked hard, raised a family, and didn't cause any problems for anyone.

B. Please allow us to stay.

And as always, I am for allowing illegals who have means to support themselves and have not broken any other laws, to remain. If you ain't workin' and so much as jay walked, you are outta here.

That is a much better arguement than this one was. You get more people with honey...

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 11:36 AM)
Until she uses that fraudulent social security number to get a credit card or buy a car, defaults on the loan(s) and has collection agencies screwing with whoever the real number belongs to. yes, the upside to the theft of the number is taxes go into the system, but depending on how they live and pay bills, the negatives could be much worse.

I agree 100%, just pointing out that contrary to what many people "know", illegals typically have a SS number and very realistic looking documents when they are hired. So when we decide to fine these companies out of business, we should know what they are up against.