White Sox/Red Sox, 2:55 PM start

spiderman

This organization should be embarrassed they cannot compete at all. Its about time the "shock" of how horrible they are wears off and heads need to roll, from every level. KW should look at the bullpen he dislocated his shoulder patting himself on the back for and resign right now.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Buckvich's ERA just rose by like 1.2

im worried that the organization will look at his ERA of 4.50 and decide to bring him back...hes pitched alot worse than that 4.50 suggests....absolutely terrible peripherals

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)
This organization should be embarrassed they cannot compete at all. Its about time the "shock" of how horrible they are wears off and heads need to roll, from every level. KW should look at the bullpen he dislocated his shoulder patting himself on the back for and resign right now.

They're so far away from competing, it's scary. Assuming they trade Garland this offseason, that leaves you with two starters who you can even count on to have an ERA south of 5.50 next year. You have a horrible bullpen besides Bobby Jenks. Then, you have just no depth on offense. You need a new LF/CF/SS, and have to get better reserves. So basically.....unless they're willing to go on a spending spree (which won't happen with all the big contracts we have tied up right now), this team is looking at a ton of holes again next year.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
I agree it's time for massive shakeup. This is just pathetic like I've never seen.

I admit I'm his biggest critic....but how has Ozzie Guillen stayed off the hot seat? When you combine that with KW's job security, it just seems like it's being run by a bunch of cowards.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
They're so far away from competing, it's scary. Assuming they trade Garland this offseason, that leaves you with two starters who you can even count on to have an ERA south of 5.50 next year. You have a horrible bullpen besides Bobby Jenks. Then, you have just no depth on offense. You need a new LF/CF/SS, and have to get better reserves. So basically.....unless they're willing to go on a spending spree (which won't happen with all the big contracts we have tied up right now), this team is looking at a ton of holes again next year.

When Hawk who obviously has some inside, is trying to sell the public on stiffs like Gonzalez and Owens, you can only cringe.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
When Hawk who obviously has some inside, is trying to sell the public on stiffs like Gonzalez and Owens, you can only cringe.

Personally, I think all this talk about being spenders this offseason is bulls***. They'll act like they went after people, and then b**** about the contracts being too much and bad for business. I can't wait to see who's fired next, as we know it will be another scapegoat.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)

A back-up outfielder should be the easiest position in the majors to fill, especially with guys in the minors. Having to play Gonzalez the last few days in LF against a righty makes me cry.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:19 PM)
Personally, I think all this talk about being spenders this offseason is bulls***. They'll act like they went after people, and then b**** about the contracts being too much and bad for business. I can't wait to see who's fired next, as we know it will be another scapegoat.

I'll be shocked if they actually up the payroll. I agree it will be someone like Duane Shaeffer who will get canned, while the decision makers who screwed up again will live off 2005 for the rest of their careers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)

"Fathom, Kenny Willams here. What you have to understand is that the market will correct itself at some point. In the meantime, we've locked up some fine power arms who looked great in Mexico this winter."

Watching McDougal implode--again... this is like watching The Bad News Bears. Or "Major League."

We're so bad that Boston must be BORED at this point, because we give them zero competition. We're like the team that always "plays" the Globetrotters.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
Watching McDougal implode--again... this is like watching The Bad News Bears. Or "Major League."

We're so bad that Boston must be BORED at this point, because we give them zero competition. We're like the team that always "plays" the Globetrotters.

Red Sox fans must be stunned they actually lost in three games in 2005 against a similar core group of players. I know watching these last few games, I am. This is like Major League players against A ball players.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:21 PM)
"Fathom, Kenny Willams here. What you have to understand is that the market will correct itself at some point. In the meantime, we've locked up some fine power arms who looked great in Mexico this winter."

Nobody else in baseball saw what KW saw in all the stiffs he acquired for the bullpen. He was bragging about it. Now he's hiding behind the "nobody could see us being this bad". On one hand he likes to mention how much smarter he is, but when it doesn't work out, all of a sudden those other opinions which used to mean nothing, are like gospel.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
So then why did Buehrle and Dye re-sign, for arguably below market value. Both have said a large reason they re-up'd was based on what Williams told them about next year's plan. I could see Williams and Ozzie blowing smoke up the fans ass, but not Mark and JD.

Oh, they'll "try" to sign guys. KW told a player on the Sox after the season ended last year that Juan Pierre would be their leadoff hitter, and Scotty Pods wouldn't be back with the team. Do you actually think they'll get into bidding wars for Hunter in the 5 year, 65 million range?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)
So then why did Buehrle and Dye re-sign, for arguably below market value. Both have said a large reason they re-up'd was based on what Williams told them about next year's plan. I could see Williams and Ozzie blowing smoke up the fans ass, but not Mark and JD.

Telling him what he wants to do, and actually getting it done are 2 different things. I would imagine after last year, if these guys were free agents to be then, he would have told them he was going after a real CF. He would have told them about the big plan to revamp the bullpen. KW needs to be held accountable and should be on a short leash at the very least.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
Oh, they'll "try" to sign guys. KW told a player on the Sox after the season ended last year that Juan Pierre would be their leadoff hitter, and Scotty Pods wouldn't be back with the team. Do you actually think they'll get into bidding wars for Hunter in the 5 year, 65 million range?

"Fathom, Kenny Williams here. Stay out of White Sox business."

I can tell you that in recent history, I've never seen so many empty seats for the Boston/White Sox series here. Usually that's right up there with Cubs/Sox.

And as a perpetual walk-up who bought my ticket at the park... a lot of those were people who had tix and just didn't even bother to come.