Unity '08

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
Unity '08.com

NPR had CEO Robert Bingham on this morning.

This election season's Moveon.org?

I think I believe in the principle, but at the end of the day you have to stand for SOMETHING, right?

Standing for logic, moderation, good process and a responsive government isn't something?

Nowadays, I think those are huge. I don't think you need to have a crusade on a handlful of specific issues to be a solid leader. You need to know how to lead a nation of people who do NOT agree on this issues.

I guess you had to hear the interview, it all sounds good until someone gives you the so why should I vote for you question.

They aren't picking a candidate until June '08... until then they just want to know "What the people want".

I want secure borders with a workable plan to allow legal immigrants into this country at OUR DISCRESSION. It is our country, WE get to decide.

I want to have sensible gun laws and have them enforced. I am for background checks, denying violent felons the right to bear arms and the banning of full automatics and cop-killer bullets. I can even live with a reasonable waiting period. After that, leave the law-abiding gun owners along. You can add extra years in sentancing if guns are use in a crime, also.

I want the abortion crap to end. Make it legal, make it hard to get, outlaw certain kinds like the partial birth s*** and third term abortions. If you haven't decided to end it by the 6th damn month, too f'ing bad. The stop the b****ing. Pro-life people who do crap to clinics and such should get the book thrown at them. Likewise pro-life people who break the few rules in place should also get the book thrown at them. Along with a baseball, and maybe a rotten tomato for good measure.

I want to revisit the 'war on drugs'. Fine the crap out of non-violet offenders for stuff like pot. Study making it legal and tax the hell out of it. Treat it like alcohol, you drive while high, you are screwed. Simple posession is fined. Distribution is prosecuted. I want the Coast Guard to be able to fire on drug smuggles on sight, as it is an attack on our nation.

I want social security fixed and/or ended. I want the people cheating the system in jail, and some sort of change done with the money so that it grows at a faster rate. I admit to not much knowledge in the details here.

I want a balanced budget, and the pork spending to stop. Total transparancy in spending bills is needed. The government doesn't need to fund Swallow Migration patterns in Florida, build a Yarn Museum in Delaware or a bridge to nowhere. Yet things like that show up alot.

I want crooks kicked out of office, and pensions lost. IN fact, I want pensions gone. Politicians make enough damn money they can fund their own. They can be on social security like the rest of us, or open an IRA. I can understand the Presidential one, but that is it.

I want smaller government. Every year we hear of agencies that we really don't need anymore, or are so overstaffed it isn't funny. Get rid of them.

If I think of anymore, I'll let Unity know.