College Help

bigruss

Yo guys, I am a senior in high school now, woooh! But that also means I need to start applying to schools. Im looking at these schools, Illinois, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Bradley, and Illinois State. if you want to share some info on any of these schools please be my guest, or recommend a school that you enjoy(ed) or have heard great things about. Thx for the help!

(Oh I am looking into business and would like to stay in the midwest (hence all the big ten schools listed) although the west is possible.)

Two things I'd do:

1) Figure out the school size you want. Do you want to be immersed in 30,000+ or do you prefer a smaller school? That's a decision that is pretty key I think.

2) How far do you want to be away from home? A drive away, a long drive away, a flight away?

I went to U of I and I liked it a lot. I can't really comment on the other schools. U of I has a pretty good business program from what I can tell/have heard, I don't know where it ranks amongst those other schools.

I'd try to narrow your choices to 3-4 and then try to visit them. You still have plenty of time to get those trips done.

I didn't go for business (IIRC it's pretty tough to get in to), but I had a pretty good experience at Illinois. I was used to small schools before going there (high school graduating class was about 200) and I didn't really see it as a drawback. The student services that I actually used were pretty solid, and there are a ton of organzations if you want to go that route. You'll probably get some massive lecture hall classes early on (especially for gen-ed stuff), but they got considerably smaller once I got to my major courses.

The one thing that took some getting used to was large amounts of social drinking. Unless you never plan on leaving your room you'll probably have to deal with that since that seems to be just about all people do out in those cornfields. Get used to the idea of going out to the bars on a Tuesday night. :P

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 11:13 AM)
I didn't go for business (IIRC it's pretty tough to get in to), but I had a pretty good experience at Illinois. I was used to small schools before going there (high school graduating class was about 200) and I didn't really see it as a drawback. The student services that I actually used were pretty solid, and there are a ton of organzations if you want to go that route. You'll probably get some massive lecture hall classes early on (especially for gen-ed stuff), but they got considerably smaller once I got to my major courses.

The one thing that took some getting used to was large amounts of social drinking. Unless you never plan on leaving your room you'll probably have to deal with that since that seems to be just about all people do out in those cornfields. Get used to the idea of going out to the bars on a Tuesday night. :P

THIRSTY THURSDAY