Fields To Start In Left

daa84

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 12:17 AM)
Joe Crede averaged an .800 OPS over the past 2 seasons in the same sense that Bronson Arroyo averaged a 3.85 ERA over the '05/'06 seasons -- mediocre for the 1st year and playing way above his career averages in year 2 -- 4.51 ERA/3.29 ERA. Crede hit .250 with no OBP and a little power in '05 but upped his OPS 70 points last season. It's fun and all to say he's averaged a .796 OPS over the past 2 seasons but that's incredibly misleading seeing as how he was mediocre in '05. There's really no reason to believe that if Crede is retained for next season that he'll put up anything better than a .750 OPS.

That season though in 2005, Crede had 4 months where he posted +.800 OPS's, and it was only due to 2 real bad months he had, that he dragged his OPS down overall.

I remember coming into the 2006 season telling people, the chances of Crede improving were good because of that statistic.

Not saying that's going to happen again, but he's got some runs on the board there for mine.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
That season though in 2005, Crede had 4 months where he posted +.800 OPS's, and it was only due to 2 real bad months he had, that he dragged his OPS down overall.

I remember coming into the 2006 season telling people, the chances of Crede improving were good because of that statistic.

Not saying that's going to happen again, but he's got some runs on the board there for mine.

The problem of course is...one of those 2 months in question...the struggles were probably almost entirely due to the first occurrences of his back injury.

If he's over that...he's got a chance to produce. But at this point, who knows.

Slightly off topic but somewhat related since we are talking about moving guys around - Saturday's Sun Times had a brief mention of Jason Bourgeois and how he is a player in the White Sox future plans.

This probably means he gets his contract purchased shortly after 9/1 and added to the roster. He looks to be an Ozuna type to me. Speed, multiple positions. He doesn't K a lot either.