Ozzie Quote Says It All

greg775

I think if you try, you can’t play on this (terrible) level that we do,” Guillen said.

That quote, taken from the AP story about the game.

The story also mentioned ,,

• The Red Sox outscored Chicago 46-7 in the series. Boston scored at least 10 runs in each game, only the fourth time that has happened in a four-game series since 1900, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. It’s the first time it has happened in the American League in 85 years.

The St. Louis Browns did it in 1920 and 1922, and the Colorado Rockies in 1996. Boston’s run total in the series was the most for the franchise since it scored the same amount against the Browns in 1949.

Nice job, White Sox

• The loss dropped the White Sox to 18 games under .500 for the first time since 1989. The only team in the majors with a worse record is Tampa Bay, which visits U.S. Cellular Field on Monday for a makeup game.

Nice job, Sox

Tavarez makes the Sox hitters look like Little Leaguers, with all due apology to Georgia's Little League team.

My god, like Ozzie said if the team tried to be this bad it couldn't be this bad!!!

At this point, may as well look forward to draft position.

What's the difference between 100 losses and 90 losses, aside from the number of digits? Will fans say, "well, I may have bought season tickets if we loss 90, but 100 is just too much."

We need every possible break. But knowing the White Sox, they'll suck as losing as well and go on a 10 game winning streak to end the season.

I've been on vacation, and people there were needling me about this team. Its flat embarrassing and as I read these scores while out of town I could only think that this entire management group has lost this team. Underachieving is one thing-this complete collapse is another. If I see "Pride" on that scoreboard pre game video again, I will puke.