He GAWN. Alberto Gonzales

kapkomet

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 06:03 AM)
Do you really believe that? Don't you think that carrying out WH communications on his RNC Blackberry in blatant violation of the Presidential Records act is material? Don't you think that Scott Jennings', Lurita Doans', et al. showing of Rove's political Powerpoint presentations to more than 20 non-partisan government offices in apparent violation of the Hatch Act is material? Don't you think that Novak and Russert both fingering Rove in the Plame leak is material? Don't you think that McNulty's testimony confirming Rove wanted Tim Griffin in as Arkansas USA and that in fact Bud Cummins had been fired to make that happen (thus contradicting the official line that the firings were entirely performance based) is material?

Yes, Karl was obviously a complete innocent in this and it was all a partisan witch hunt.

I am not saying he isn't a slime ball. He is. And there are definitely a few things I'd label "questionable" in his history. But nothing that rises nearly to the level of ire he drew, as if he had stomped on the Constitution. I stand by what I said - Gonzalez was far worse than Rove in pretty much every sense, and I think the crusade to get Rove was much more political than anything else.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 08:33 AM)
I am not saying he isn't a slime ball. He is. And there are definitely a few things I'd label "questionable" in his history. But nothing that rises nearly to the level of ire he drew, as if he had stomped on the Constitution. I stand by what I said - Gonzalez was far worse than Rove in pretty much every sense, and I think the crusade to get Rove was much more political than anything else.

I'm not capable of weighing the various misdeeds to this or that Bushco apparatchik to decide who is the worse offender. But I think you have a much more cut-and-dried case for Rove and/or his aids breaking specific laws (Presidential Records Act, Hatch Act).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 06:50 AM)
On the other extreme, everything the White House does is a grand conspiracy...

Bush lied and people died. When will you "Sheople" realize it was the Bush regime that brought down the towers on 9/11?! NO BLOOD FOR OIL!

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 02:22 PM)
First sentence is right.

oh, and you don't think it was Carl Rove and John Ashcroft who REALLY took down the towers? it was. The Bush regime not only faked the intelligence but had been planning it for years. In the mid 90's Rove broke into the White house and planted forged intel reports with Bill Clinton, thus making the president at the time think there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. You see, because of this a former president and congress also believed in this big lie, making it much easier for the Bush regime to launch a fake terrorist attack on US soil. Why you ask? for oil.

oh, you don't believe me? well here is some proof

http://www.911truth.org/

http://www.loosechange911.com/lc2e.htm

http://www.dailykos.com/

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
oh, and you don't think it was Carl Rove and John Ashcroft who REALLY took down the towers? it was. The Bush regime not only faked the intelligence but had been planning it for years. In the mid 90's Rove broke into the White house and planted forged intel reports with Bill Clinton, thus making the president at the time think there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. You see, because of this a former president and congress also believed in this big lie, making it much easier for the Bush regime to launch a fake terrorist attack on US soil. Why you ask? for oil.

oh, you don't believe me? well here is some proof

http://www.911truth.org/

http://www.loosechange911.com/lc2e.htm

http://www.dailykos.com/

I like how you added dailykos in there.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
I like how you added dailykos in there.

And why not? Over the last month they have even called for Bush to be arrested by the military and to have all his possessions siezed as war profits. While Koz himself may be somewhat sane, he sure has his share of crazies around.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 09:09 AM)
And why not? Over the last month they have even called for Bush to be arrested by the military and to have all his possessions siezed as war profits. While Koz himself may be somewhat sane, he sure has his share of crazies around.

Well, by "they", if that includes various posters... then this forum right here is a bit nutso as well.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
Well, by "they", if that includes various posters... then this forum right here is a bit nutso as well.

says who? remember you're an admin. try to keep SOME level of objectivity.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 09:48 AM)
says who? remember you're an admin. try to keep SOME level of objectivity.

Oh come on now. I think even an Admin can see and admit that at times, this forum goes over the top. Its just that in our case, it can happen to either political extreme.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
Oh come on now. I think even an Admin can see and admit that at times, this forum goes over the top. Its just that in our case, it can happen to either political extreme.

bustin' balls, sorry :)

Nyy.gif

Activated first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz from the 60-day disabled list; recalled infielder Alberto Gonzalez and pitcher Jose Veras from Scranton-Wilkes Barre of the International League (AAA); purchased the contract of pitcher Ian Kennedy from Scranton-Wilkes Barre.

well now it all makes sense.