Briggs crashed Ferrari?

Devil's advocate...

It was 3 in the morning... could he have just fallen asleep at the wheel? Happens to truck drivers all the time.

Or maybe he slipped off the road turning too hard or whatever, crashed his car, got pissed off at himself and decided to sleep on it and take care of it in the morning because it was past 3 AM.

am1.jpg

"Whitesoxfan101, is it possible?"

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 12:00 PM)
So is this going to be the next trend for athletes? Drink while drunk, crash your car, leave the scene until you sober up, then admit to a single car accident.

Something like that worked for the miserable and abhorrent Edward Kennedy.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 05:30 PM)
There's a loophole in everything these days. The matter opens the doors for a lengthy debate, which I don't care about either. In any event my point wasn't to discuss your response, it was to try to have posts be above malicious ignorance when commenting about what happened. Was he drunk? It's likely. Was he "definitely"... apparently only 101 knows that.

Funny how I never see such a stanch reply in the filibuster forum where everyday someone posts comments about Bush Co purposely sending our boys into war for oil and the benefit of his pocket.

I'll have to look out for that from now on so as to keep the boards clean of any libelous comments that are unfounded and based on nothing more than speculation.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
Devil's advocate...

It was 3 in the morning... could he have just fallen asleep at the wheel? Happens to truck drivers all the time.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
Or maybe he slipped off the road turning too hard or whatever, crashed his car, got pissed off at himself and decided to sleep on it and take care of it in the morning because it was past 3 AM.

He most definitely had something to hide. A sober Forrest Gump might have jetted the f*ck outta there after crashing his car, though.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
Unless a tox report confirms anything - which obviously it wont - you are posting libel comments.

Try "I think he was drunk". Simple, yet effective.

Even the Score and 1000 aren't stupid enough to say "He was definitley drunk".

^^^^^^^

From what I've heard from reports and from Lance himself, Briggs lost control of his car, obviously panicing call the toll truck, but didn't want it to be a big scene so he called the police (obviously stupid) and reported that his car was stolen. He's taking responsibility from it and he actually didn't have to come out to the media to talk either. Obviously we will hear about further information (intoxication/nightclub which is being repoted false/rumor at the moment) but from now it shouldn't be a dramatic story or blown out of porportion.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 02:07 PM)
If assumptions and opinions (especially one acquired through common sense and reason like this one) aren't allowed on message boards, why do they exist? The Score and ESPN 1000 already have had stories on how Briggs was seen at at least 2 different nightclubs that evening, so it's pretty obvious what happened.

Definitely drunk is not an opinion...its a statement. You can say that I believe that he was drunk, but to say he was definitely drunk is something else.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
I should add I think Briggs could have been racing and lost control of his car because he has no idea how to drive a 600+ horsepower car (hell its a possibility).

There are not many people around that know how to drive a car that powerful. Even experienced drivers will have a hell of a time driving that car.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 12:00 PM)
So is this going to be the next trend for athletes? Drink while drunk, crash your car, leave the scene until you sober up, then admit to a single car accident.

This is actually what a lot of people do. I know of two people who have done it and it actually works really well. One guy got in a crash and left and ended up only getting an improper lane usage ticket.

Ill be honest. I dont drink and drive but I have when I was younger and if I was ever in that situation and could pull it off thats exactly what I would do.

I don't understand this whole "it was stolen" thing and then 10 minutes later "yeah I did it." Sounds like his brain wasn't functioning properly...

IMO he was hiding something, but he took the "smart" route and ditched the scene. Note, I am not condoning it, he just did what he knew would get him in much, much less trouble.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
I don't understand this whole "it was stolen" thing and then 10 minutes later "yeah I did it." Sounds like his brain wasn't functioning properly...

IMO he was hiding something, but he took the "smart" route and ditched the scene. Note, I am not condoning it, he just did what he knew would get him in much, much less trouble.

Its kind of a touchy subject to discuss. Everybody knows he was drinking but hes never going to admit that so to hear him mkae up stories sounds kind of dumb.

I mean seriously, crashing your car and fleeing and reporting it stolen is a big deal. I would imagine you can get in soime decent trouble for doing that.