Senator Larry Craig convicted of lewd conduct in men's bathroom

Balta1701

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is next time I am pitching a loaf somewhere like Union Station, i am going be deathly quiet. Without my Gay Sex for Dummies manual, who knows what means what in the bathroom. I might grunt too loud and look down to see something else peeking from the next stall :crying:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
All I know is next time I am pitching a loaf somewhere like Union Station, i am going be deathly quiet. Without my Gay Sex for Dummies manual, who knows what means what in the bathroom. I might grunt too loud and look down to see something else peeking from the next stall :crying:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)

not so funny when the rolls are reversed, mike. :ph34r: :D

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
They arrested 41 guys, and all of them probably just took their punishment and were grateful it wasn't any worse. Unfortunately for Craig, someone at the courthouse that day recognized his name, looked into it, and tipped off Roll Call.

And the whole "Flashing his senate ID card" probably didnt' help.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
I guess I'm not versed on men's sex in the bathroom, thank goodness. I didn't want to know any of this, ever.

That's what I like to stick with sex on the phone. Of course, that requires an extraordinary sense of balance. :)

Also from Slate, Mickey Kaus riffs on the issue.

Smoking Gun from the Future:

Filed: 8/27/08 at 8:57:26 AM

On 8/26 at about 1200 hours I was working a plainclothes detail involving deviant conduct in the men's room at the Pepsi Center during the Democratic Convention. We had received civilian complaints of disorderly persons using this particular facility and had made several arrests.

I entered the men's restroom and proceeded to an unoccupied stall in the back of the restroom. Other people were using the restroom for its intended purposes.While seated in the stall, I was the third stall from the wall (which was to the East). I observed suspect, a middle aged white male, enter the stall to my left and place his roller bag against the front of the stall door.

At 1216 hours suspect tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal often used by persons wishing to criticize teachers' unions. Suspect tapped his toes several times and moved his foot closer to my foot. I moved my foot up and down slowly.

At 1217 hours, I saw suspect swipe his hand under the divider for a few seconds, a possible sign of support for charter schools. Suspect repeated this motion again, from the front towards the back, and I could see more of his hand. Suspect then swiped his hand in the same motion for a third time. My experience has shown that this suggests an openness to publicly funded private school vouchers. While this was occurring, the male in the stall to my right was still present. This did not seem to deter the suspect. He began to whistle. Means-testing! I knew I had to take action. I slid my party credential under the divider and pointed to the exit. When suspect tried to leave I handcuffed him and placed him against the wall.

Suspect denied all charges and claimed he was really soliciting homosexual sex. He was immediately released.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
So...here's a question for folks on a slightly different topic.

Why is this arrest a bigger deal than the Senator who was caught on the list of the DC Madam and essentially admitted having visited prostitutes (which I think is probably a much bigger deal in the eyes of the law than the small fine Sen. Craig got)?

The honest answer?

Vitter's governor is a Democrat, Craig's governor is a Republican.

No balance of power movement happens with a Craig resignation.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:47 PM)
The honest answer?

Vitter's governor is a Democrat, Craig's governor is a Republican.

No balance of power movement happens with a Craig resignation.

That's very counterintuitive. :D

No, I get it. And there's probably a lot of truth to it, unfortunately.

That's the way stuff like this works. If the roles had been reversed and Craig was in the diapers and Vitter was in the stall, the controversy would swirl around Craig and the party leadership would stand by Vitter.

Why? Because Craig's resignation affects nothing, Vitter's seat would switch hands.

And this wouldn't be different if it was a GOP or a Dem issue. It's the way Washington works, sadly.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
That's the way stuff like this works. If the roles had been reversed and Craig was in the diapers and Vitter was in the stall, the controversy would swirl around Craig and the party leadership would stand by Vitter.

Why? Because Craig's resignation affects nothing, Vitter's seat would switch hands.

And this wouldn't be different if it was a GOP or a Dem issue. It's the way Washington works, sadly.

Ding! At least you have a good perspective... that's exactly what I advocate (beyond all the hyperbole.).

So there is finally evidence that the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy is all garbage. We no know that the conservative media machine that gets bantered about by people is a myth. Because if it was as extensive as some think the news wouldn't have looked like this. If there had been a D after Craig's name, and not an R, we would seen something like this...

Larry Craig was now said to be advocating a "gay neutral" program after his arrest in Minneapolis for disorderly conduct. His proposal to ban gay marriages was to be done as a part of his gay offset program, which aimed to offset people's homosexuality, by taking a respective amount of gay activity off of the marketplace.

As part of his efforts to combat gay marriage, Senator Larry Craig announced today that he will make his campaign "gay neutral." Craig believes homosexuality is one of the great challenges facing America and the world and that we can all take immediate action to decrease the amount of homosexual activity we produce. By purchasing gay offsets, the Craig campaign will offset the homosexuality emitted by Craig and his staff's campaign travel, and the gay activity in his campaign headquarters and field offices.

"Gay marriage is an emergency and we can't wait until the next president is elected to take action," said Edwards. "Each of us can take responsibility in small ways to make a big difference. I encourage all Americans to conserve homosexuality in their own homes and workplaces and help fight gay marriage."

"That all said...the more effort put forth at every level...by both government initiatives and regulations and by personal investment/treating it as a chairty, the better off we'll all be. This problem can't be solved solely by personal action, and it can't be solved solely by government action, and it can't be solved solely by business/scientific action"

Now how is that for spin? Kinda makes you sick doesn't it. Its really too bad that even hypocracy has become a partisan issue, because this guy deserves what he gets. If you want to live one lifestyle and preach another, eventually karma is going to catch up with you. Larry Craig is having his day, hopefully John Edwards gets his soon.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:49 AM)
So there is finally evidence that the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy is all garbage. We no know that the conservative media machine that gets bantered about by people is a myth. Because if it was as extensive as some think the news wouldn't have looked like this. If there had been a D after Craig's name, and not an R, we would seen something like this...

Now how is that for spin? Kinda makes you sick doesn't it. Its really too bad that even hypocracy has become a partisan issue, because this guy deserves what he gets. If you want to live one lifestyle and preach another, eventually karma is going to catch up with you. Larry Craig is having his day, hopefully John Edwards gets his soon.

I'm confused. Where is this from? And I assume you must have meant to post in green. That quote is bizarre, unless it came from the Onion or something.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:54 AM)
I'm confused. Where is this from? And I assume you must have meant to post in green. That quote is bizarre, unless it came from the Onion or something.

I figured the green would be obvious.

The quote is spliced from elsewhere... Its pretty obvious if you think about it.