Senator Larry Craig convicted of lewd conduct in men's bathroom

Balta1701

QUOTE(NUKE @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:24 AM)
Im not a moralist by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think having a bad time with marriage(s) ( lots of people do ) and lewd public conduct are even on the same planet.

fixed, and I believe a rather important distinction. Three wives and a mistress. I am putting them on the same "Family Values" planet.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:35 AM)
fixed, and I believe a rather important distinction. Three wives and a mistress. I am putting them on the same "Family Values" planet.

He's certainly no champion of conservative values that's for sure. If he wins the nomination then I'll hold my nose and vote for him over ANY Democrat but I don't think he will win.......primarily because I don't think he can mobilize the religious right with his record.

QUOTE(NUKE @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)
He's certainly no champion of conservative values that's for sure. If he wins the nomination then I'll hold my nose and vote for him over ANY Democrat but I don't think he will win.......primarily because I don't think he can mobilize the religious right with his record.

Is that based on looking at the current Democrat field, or just an overall dislike of Dems? I think Dems hurt themselves as being much more willing to vote for Reps than Reps for Dems. Not certain why that is.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
it's just too bad the police didn't tazer the Senator when they had the chance. now look at him, he's totally out of control, filling appeals hanging out with the ACLU...

There's a chance he might have liked that.

And as if you guys hadn't had enough...he just won't go away.

Sen. Larry Craig won't resign from the Senate while awaiting a judge's ruling on his effort to get a guilty plea withdrawn in a restroom sex sting, a source said Wednesday.

Sen. Larry Craig is seeking to overturn his guilty plea stemming from an airport bathroom sex sting.

A judge in Minnesota was to hear arguments Wednesday afternoon in the case.

The Idaho Republican was arrested June 11 during a police sting in a Minneapolis airport men's room for allegedly making sexual overtures to an undercover male police officer. He entered a written guilty plea to a disorderly conduct charge in August.

Craig had said he would resign from the Senate if he could not get the guilty plea overturned by September 30.

But Craig on Tuesday said he won't resign until "legal determinations" are made.

Ron Meshbesher, a Minneapolis lawyer, said Wednesday that he thought Hennepin County Judge Charles Porter would rule on Craig's request within two weeks.

A Republican source involved in discussions about the case said Craig has made it clear he wants to find a way to stay in office.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
With a name like "Meshbesher". . . He's got to be good.®

Nice.

Actually his brother is the part owner of a pretty successful dive bar in town. He got his piece because he represented the bar in a suit and equity was the only way to pay.

At least something positive comes out of all this.

The infamous airport men's room where Sen. Larry Craig was arrested is getting new stall dividers that drop nearly to the floor to make it a less inviting spot for sexual liaisons.

Web sites had touted that restroom as a popular site for sex with strangers, and police reports over the summer described several cases of men ducking their heads under the dividers into adjoining stalls, allegedly in search of sex.

On June 11, an undercover police officer was the men's room when Craig allegedly tapped his feet and swiped his hand under the divider in a way authorities said was a signal for someone wanted sex.

Craig pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, but when the incident became public, he denied ever seeking sex there and said the officer misunderstood his actions. Craig is now seeking to withdraw his guilty plea to the misdemeanor.

The Minneapolis airport has more than 80 restrooms, but only two are being targeted for the new dividers, including the one now known for Craig's arrest.

"These two have been the most problematic in terms of complaints from people and indications on Web sites that sexual activities are occurring in them," said airport spokesman Patrick Hogan. He said the dividers would be installed within the next two months.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
He should be starting on his golf game, perhaps that wide stance will help him . . .

The learning curve might be tought though:

It's impolite to wash your partners balls...

The only shaft you should have a tight grip on is your own...

Knowing when to choose irons over wood is the key to a good golf game

:)