Who would you like to see fired the most?

striker

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see fired the most?

• Ozzie Guillen
    • Kenny Williams
    • Don Cooper
    • Greg Walker

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
Its not just this team, its the whole organization.

There has been regular decline during Williams watch

"Regular Decline" would insinuate that since KW took over, the White Sox have seen their records go down each year.

As bad as this year has been...thats just not a true statement.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

have to say KW. The way he put together this team is risky. Relying on guys who are coming off of injuries e.g Erstad, or have not proven themselves to be succesful major leaguers e.g. Floyd, Masset, Sisco, Aardsma, is a risky proposition. Sometimes taking chances can be extremely beneficial, but when your payroll is @100 mil, you should not be in last place with the majority of your offseason acquistions either being in AAA or having been demoted there. Aging and injury prone with a farm system pretty barren of position prospects, this organization needs some new life breathed into it.

QUOTE(striker62704 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
Someone's gotta go. Keeping everyone just wouldn't make sense.

Let's just fire everybody, including the players, groundscrew, and hot dog vendors. That would make even more sense.

Gene Lamont got fired and he has a better winning pct. managing the White Sox than Ozzie Guillen. Jerry Manuel was fired after having a team win 86 games. I love how some people claim 2006 was a success because the team won 90 games, yet bash Billy Beane because the A's have won that many several times but have done nothing in the playoffs. Personally, I don't think Ozzie or Kenny ever will be fired, but if they bring back basically the same team with small tweaks, or bring back a team in 2008 that is the same or worse, they both should be gone. Roland Hemond lost his job after a "decent" 1985. With 7 or 8 guys on the roster making $10 million or more, battling it out with KC for the cellar isn't going to do White Sox partner's pockets any good.

Kenny Williams, and it's not even close. He took over in 2001, and since then we have 6 Octobers out of 7 at home, and currently reside with a poor farm system and even worse major league team. This is such an easy question to answer it's not even funny.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Given KW is one of the more successful GM's in the game, he is the one I'd say definitely not. The others I could see arguments for.

The only one I'd be in favor of showing the door is Walker, at this point.

If the team is horrible again next year, though, I think more heads will roll.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 02:17 PM)
2 years of 90+ wins, 1 year of bad.

Last year's 90 win team was on pace to win more games than the 2005 team and then they absolutely sucked for the last 2 months of the year. And that crappy play has continued ever since. I don't count last year as a good year. It was a great first 2/3 of a season followed by a putrid final 1/3 of a season.

QUOTE(striker62704 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 12:44 PM)
I have to say Ozzie. He's lost the players, his managerial decisions blow up in his face and the combination of his mouth and his losing ways have just made me sick.

:huh:

I'd be willing to bet that those who want Ozzie and Kenny fired are likely to be the younger posters, and those willing to be more patient are the older ones. I guess I'm just old.

The 2000-present period has been better than any stretch in my lifetime, and for that matter, in the past century for the White Sox. That doesn't mean I like losing - it means I am not about to endorse firing people who have proven so successful, based on one lousy season.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
I'd be willing to bet that those who want Ozzie and Kenny fired are likely to be the younger posters, and those willing to be more patient are the older ones. I guess I'm just old.

The 2000-present period has been better than any stretch in my lifetime, and for that matter, in the past century for the White Sox. That doesn't mean I like losing - it means I am not about to endorse firing people who have proven so successful, based on one lousy season.

Well-said

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
I must say it is amazing Cooper gets no blame. I understand most of the pitchers suck, but so does most of the line-up.

There is a difference between derserving some blame and being fired. All four people listed deserve some of the responsibility for this season (as well as for 2005, and every other season they have been a part of).