Who would you like to see fired the most?

striker

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see fired the most?

• Ozzie Guillen
    • Kenny Williams
    • Don Cooper
    • Greg Walker

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 09:54 AM)
My list of who I would like to see fired the most...

1. The Opera singing Hot Dog vendor in Detroit (I know he doesn't work for us, but I hate him so much)

2. Almost anyone in our bullpen who weighs under 270 pounds

3. Juan Uribe

4. Scott Podsednik's groin

5. Jose Contreras arm angles

6. The Flying Spaghetti Monster for raining out all of those games

7. Toby Hall's Labrum

8. Andy Gonzalez's agent

9. The Sox Pride Crew

10. Jim Thome's back

11. Celebrity Look-a-like game between innings

12. The guy who beats the drum in Cleveland.

13. Paul Konerko's hip

14. Jay Marriotti

15. The fan who reaches over the wall while the ball is in play

16. Jay Marriotti

17. Whoever decided to discontinue the Fried Chicken Dinner at concessions

18. The ticket rep who gave my seats away

19. Jay Marriotti

20. Bud Selig

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(drive like jehu @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 10:23 AM)
I'll take a stick up my ass over a tummy full of kool aid any day (plus I think the stick does less damage, serious or not).

You could have pointed out the change of the seating layout behind home plate. However, I don't think those changes were made for your average Sox fan attending the game.

I said I could be wrong. I'm not the one posting with the certitude of what is or is not whining nor what is the correct direction to b**** and moan. I would agree that is easier to judge someone else instead of looking in the mirror.

You think I'm wrong and that's OK. Either we have miscommunicated or we have a difference of opinion. in fact, you MIGHT be right!

Take Steff for example, her analogies points out her opinion that I may be a grumpy trouble maker. My analogy points out that she is delusional. Those opinions are not mutually exclusive. They both may be true.

I've been a long time lurker on this site, and I believed it was one of those message boards that was able to agree to disagree when a difference was discovered. However, if I'm wrong (and as stated before, it is a possiblity), I can easily fix things by moving onto greener pastures.

It's OK with me if you want to think the Mauve Monster is an "adaquate" ballpark. It's OK with me you want to attend games after the 1994 strike. It's not OK to create a forum asking for opinions and then be shocked when someone has a different view. Or at the least I'm not OK participating in such a forum, becuase at that point, it really isn't a forum anymore.

You hate the White Sox, you hate Baseball and you hate fans who like the above.

Why don't you join this club:

http://www.chicagofirejuniors.com/

Its a different sport and a different stadium. It may make you a happier person.

Until then my mom says I can't play with you anymore. :)

Any other areas where you know my feelings better then I do?

Actually I think your feelings are pretty clear. Over the course of a half dozen posts or so, you've:

- commented about the ballpark, saying nothing was done for the common fan

- commented about Reinsdorf and indicated he is a major participant in turning a sport for the common man into an elitist sport

- commented that someone had double standards and then suggested they were a "dick-tator"

- communicated more negative things about the ballpark, stating it was the "Mauve Monster" while stating you hadn't set foot in said ballpark for 14 years

- Called someone delusional

- called Albert Belle a fat ass

- told anyone reading this thread what is ok on a forum and what isn't, with 20+ posts to your credit

- insinuated that anyone who doesn't agree with your views is a kool aid drinker

Maybe Jehu should drive to a local San Antonio bookstore to pick up a copy of "How To Win Friends And Influence People".

People disagree here every day. As long as I've been here though, none have taken the route you've taken in this thread, as noted above.

To address your points, I loved old Comiskey Park, I started going there in 1964 and attended hundreds of games there, possibly close to 2000 games. I loved it.

However I will admit I like wider aisles, a clean and well maintained facility, modern amenities, and more. As for Reinsdorf, we all have our opinions but I can appreciate an ownership group who devotes considerable resources into making the White Sox competitive, witnessed by teams being consistently over .500 since 2000 and a marketing director who does indeed listen to fans and is very responsive. I also like that as I have worked hard and attained some success and having traveled far from a high school kid who had to buy general admission for $2 in 1976, I can now enjoy nice experiences like the Stadium Club, Club seats on occasion, Scout seats on occasion, and more.

I suppose it's all in how one looks at things, and what part of the past one chooses to hold onto.

Lastly, to address the common fan comments, I can state that a World Series championship meant more to the common fan and pride amongst White Sox fans who support the team than anything cosmetic about the ballpark.

The fundamentals area has done more to attract younger fans than anything INCLUDING WINNING THE WORLD SERIES. I am a pretty sentimental person but to compare 2007 Comiskey Park to 1994 is as disillusional as possible.

Although I think Wrigley is a dump and terrible place to watch a game for over 75% of the fans so what do I know.

Agree

Agree

Disagree

I said I hope he wasn't a "dick-tator". I didn't think soxtalk.com was site that was like that. Other then your post; however, I think I may be proven wrong.

Agree

Agree

Agree. Would the Moose with the Caboose be more PC?

Disagree

I stated what I thought was OK. A forum cannot exist without a difference of opinion. What I stated as not OK is true for a forum, because it ceases to be a forum based on the example of what I provided as "not OK".

On a side note, the idea that a truth is dependant on post count on the internets is an interesting concept isn't it?

I agree I colored outside of the lines in response to the "stick in my ass". I apologize for lowering myself to another posters level.

I prefer true friendship (unconditional friendship over conditional friendship based on conformity). Thanks for the reading list though.

Many say the ends justify the means, but I have never been one of them.

Lots of agrees and disagrees here, that's what a forum, flawed though you may deem it to be, is all about I would say.

Actually truth isn't dependent on post count, nor did I say that or infer it. I simply stated you have been posting here a short time yet seem quite willing to tell the board how it should function. It is kind of like not going to a place in 14 years yet verbally condemning it while not experiencing its numerous changes, changes I may add that have been well received by both the common fan and those you seem to deem elite.

You needn't worry about lowering yourself to anyone's level. So far, your level seems pretty well defined. The Moose with the Caboose remark is really clever though, I would have never thought of that in a million years.

I would turn that suggestion for reading the book to a strong recommendation. I believe it will really help you but we all make our own choices, or should I say justify our own means.

QUOTE(drive like jehu @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 01:22 PM)
You are spared...via the ignore buttone if you wish. I can't turn it on for you though.

Do you know enough about me to accuse me of making tough accusations about something they don't seem to know much about?

I'm certain we know you . . . ;)

Being a Texan, I'm familiar with the "aw shucks" routine. You are more clever then you are say you are. I will admit that I probably don't fit the mold of your book. It seems your usage of back handed compliments and passive aggression are ways to "win friends and influence people"?

BFF

Jehu

I have been in Texas a lot, used to have an office there in fact. Dallas is a great city, so is Houston, love Gaido's in Galveston and have toured the Shiner Brewery a few times. The Menger Hotel and Roughrider Bar inside the hotel are great places to spend a few hours. The Texas wines are great too.

The one thing I like about Texans is they are straight shooters, sort of like White Sox fans. You know, they say what they mean and mean what they say without playing games.

With that in mind are you sure you're a Texan, let alone a White Sox fan?

Edited by 29andPoplar

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
Can we please get back on track with the firings? Enough with the snide comments already. I'd really rather not have to delete a bunch of posts.

FIRE OZZIE!!!

FIRE KW!!!!!!!

FIRE JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRE ROGER BOSSARD!!!!!!

I tried. Yeah, I know it was a little weak.

Congratultions, your last post was a text book dodge to avoid answering my question.

Even though you didn't give me the courtesy of answering my question, I'll give you the courtesy of answering yours...

Yep. I drive a pick up truck, and people ride by my office on the I35 feeder on horse back, and I ride down rivers in a tube too! (just not the one with the hippo waste in it).

White Sox fans don't answer stupid questions, they laugh at them!

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
Can we please get back on track with the firings? Enough with the snide comments already. I'd really rather not have to delete a bunch of posts.

FIRE OZZIE!!!

FIRE KW!!!!!!!

FIRE JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRE ROGER BOSSARD!!!!!!

That reminds me, we need to fire Herm Schnieders personal trainer too.