Rangers vs White Sox

Chisoxfn

We all know the Sox suck, but they still have to play the game and this is the official thread for Wednesday nights game against the Texas Rangers.

Jon Garland will face some schmoe on the Rangers as the Sox try to score 31 runs. But enough about the Sox...listen to the LIVE SOUTHSIDE BASEBALL REPORT while you watch the club lose... http://ustream.tv/channel/the-southside-report

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 01:19 AM)
And all 18 of those times he was un-clutch, remember that.

:unsure:

I feel bad that I was the initial member of the "Thome isn't clutch" fan club, but I feel like it's gotten too big and the initial mission statement I had is no longer being followed.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 01:26 AM)
You did kind of start the bandwagon, but your not the only one to notice. I got into a screaming match with my dad about Thome and late innings. He feels you can't count on him late, stats be damned. I bring that up because he doesn't even visit Soxtalk(well, sometimes) so the thought is not yours alone.

I'm just waiting for him to do something to win us a game in the 9th inning, and if it goes extras.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
Please know there was heavy sarcasm there. Hopefully in your post as well....

To be truthful, there is so much Thome slandering, I am having a hard time knowing what is sarcasm and what is not. I find myself simply defending him a lot. Nice to know you aren't serious.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
I like Richar. Fella can run. Takes two bases on the bad throw and scores on a not-too-deep popout.

I like to watch Richar round the bases.

Fine, if none of you are going to notice, I'll have to point it out myself.

Let it be known that I'm on record as the first ever to use the term "Richar round."

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
19 of 20, that's not a typo?

Yes a typo, kinda. He's reached base in 19 of 20 plate appearances against the Rangers- there are some walks in there. He doesn't have hits in 19 of 20 at bats.

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
does Fields have a legitimate shot at winning rookie of the year?

If he got really, really hot batting average-wise he could make it interesting, but not too likely.

He is #1 in HR, #2 in RBI, #2 in SLG, #4 in OPS.

He's top-5 in the voting.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 10:02 PM)
If he got really, really hot batting average-wise he could make it interesting, but not too likely.

He is #1 in HR, #2 in RBI, #2 in SLG, #4 in OPS.

He's top-5 in the voting.

Funny what a difference a year makes. Brian Anderson has on OBP of .290 and he can't hit a lick, defense be damned. Josh Fields has an OBP of .290, he's a future star and a ROY candidate.

Funny what a difference a year makes. Brian Anderson has on OBP of .290 and he can't hit a lick, defense be damned. Josh Fields has an OBP of .290, he's a future star and a ROY candidate.

A .290 OBP didn't stop a certain big mouth from winning ROY.