Oz blows his cork...

Wanne

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

My personal favorite:

"I hope somebody out there cares the way we care," he said. "Good guys or nice guys finish (expletive) last. I'm tired of seeing that (expletive), day in and day out. And I don't want to spend a miserable September seeing the same (expletive). If I have to see the same (expletive), I told Kenny, 'Bring somebody up. (Expletive) it.

Seriously...it's about time he friggin wigged out. These guys are the most passionless group of turds I've seen in quite a while. Seems like Ozzie's been trying to by Mr. Congeniality since his run in with Moronatti last year. Well f*** it....these guys deserve to be ripped a new asshole. My problem is, I just think he should have done this back in the end of May, beginning of June or so. I can just picture Paulie and Thome just kind of shrugging in the corner right now. This team really lacks leaders besides Mark. Don't get me wrong...I love Paulie to death...but we need more nads on this team.

Bout friggin time Oz.....

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be easier for Guillen if he just came to grips with the fortunes of his team. Their bad, and it's not going to get any better within the next month.

I love the numerous pot-shots at Williams. Especially those concerning the roster.

"If it's my fault, I should be moving out of here then. If it's my fault, (expletive) fire my (expletive) and I'll be fine. I have the job to do and I get paid a lot of (expletive) money to make this club work, but it's not easy to work with people like that. It's not easy."

Well, Guillen, you said yourself the same core of players will likely be here next season. Have fun missing the playoffs, lol.

For the link impaired, here's more of the article.

"Well, they're killing me," Guillen said. "They're killing my family. They're killing my coaching staff, killing the White Sox fans. They kill the owner. They kill everyone. I hope they feel the same way we feel."

Guillen sounded as if he ran out of answers.

"You don't see this today," Guillen said. "You've seen this since April. I keep giving people a chance to succeed, a pat on the back. I wish I played for a manager like that. I swear to God I wish I could have played for a (expletive) manager like that. Every time you fail and keep putting guys out there who fail day in and day out, that's easy to play.

"A $100 million payroll and those guys don't show how much they make in the field. Well, Kenny [Williams], I don't say what he has to do, but we play like this and spend all that money on the club like that, I will shut the payroll and go with Double-A kids if we have to, because it's not easy. I know those guys go out there and they care about it."

Guillen put out a call to a clubhouse that was empty after the game.

"I hope somebody out there cares the way we care," he said. "Good guys or nice guys finish (expletive) last. I'm tired of seeing that (expletive), day in and day out. And I don't want to spend a miserable September seeing the same (expletive). If I have to see the same (expletive), I told Kenny, 'Bring somebody up. (Expletive) it.'

"If it's my fault, I should be moving out of here then. If it's my fault, (expletive) fire my (expletive) and I'll be fine. I have the job to do and I get paid a lot of (expletive) money to make this club work, but it's not easy to work with people like that. It's not easy."

"Hit and run, it fails," Guillen said. "Fail to move the guy over with the bases loaded, no outs. Second and third, one out (and don't score). You keep failing like that, well, Greg Walker doesn't hit. Ozzie Guillen doesn't hit. Don Cooper isn't pitching. Then have fun."

QUOTE(Wanne @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 06:32 AM)
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

My personal favorite:

Seriously...it's about time he friggin wigged out. These guys are the most passionless group of turds I've seen in quite a while. Seems like Ozzie's been trying to by Mr. Congeniality since his run in with Moronatti last year. Well f*** it....these guys deserve to be ripped a new asshole. My problem is, I just think he should have done this back in the end of May, beginning of June or so. I can just picture Paulie and Thome just kind of shrugging in the corner right now. This team really lacks leaders besides Mark. Don't get me wrong...I love Paulie to death...but we need more nads on this team.

Bout friggin time Oz.....

This his first blow up to the media, I seriously doubt he's kept his cool all season behind closed doors. I agree though that this team can use some more nads from its player personnel.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 06:59 AM)
Well, Guillen, you said yourself the same core of players will likely be here next season. Have fun missing the playoffs, lol.

What did you expect him to say throughout the season, especially after everyone tells him to keep his mouth shut. You can't have it both ways... I'll be having fun missing the playoffs as well I guess.

"I hope somebody out there cares the way we care,"

What? As Cheat pointed out elsewhere, last night Ozzie kept Dye glued to the bench in favor of scrubs in crucial RBI situations and then let Sosa face a LHP when he can't hit righties to save his life. I don't see Ozzie managing like he cares. Which is fine, I'm hoping the Sox can catch the DRays for the worst record in baseball. But it would be OK with me if Ozzie really took a hard look at his managing and decided he could change some things.

I also liked that Ozzie suggested bringing up AA players. Half his starting lineup was in AAA to start the season. Pretty soon he'll be saying the Great Falls team should get called up. What does he expect Owens,Fields, Richar, and Gonzalez to do?

Ozzie is still my fav manager of all time. ITs a shame the whole Mariotti thing last year got to him, because he isn't the same crazy, wild and wacky, risky manager he was from 2004-first half of 2006. And since then we've been losing A LOT of games. Lets hope he Ozzes up and we see that same Ozzie we all loved for his first 3 years of managing. Not that it will change anything this year, but hopefully KW will supply Ozzie with the talent he needs to get back to the fundamentals he loves to win by. No more 3-run homerun or we'll probably lose team.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 07:34 AM)
but hopefully KW will supply Ozzie with the talent he needs to get back to the fundamentals he loves to win by. No more 3-run homerun or we'll probably lose team.

Yeah, 3-run homers suck. That's why the Sox are losing. If the Sox just had more players like Owens everything would be peachy.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 06:37 AM)
What did you expect him to say throughout the season, especially after everyone tells him to keep his mouth shut. You can't have it both ways... I'll be having fun missing the playoffs as well I guess.

This has nothing to do with earlier in the season. This issue here is, unless drastic changes occur in the roster -- which, aside from SS and CF is unlikey -- we're going to have the same group of people who are frustrating Guillen next year. I don't care that he bothered to voice his frustrations now. He could have said the same thing two months ago and it would have been just as true. It's just, he better get used to it.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 08:07 AM)
This has nothing to do with earlier in the season. This issue here is, unless drastic changes occur in the roster -- which, aside from SS and CF is unlikey -- we're going to have the same group of people who are frustrating Guillen next year. I don't care that he bothered to voice his frustrations now. He could have said the same thing two months ago and it would have been just as true. It's just, he better get used to it.

Does anyone seriously think Richar, Owens or Gonzalez are everyday players? Or has he reached Willie Harris status yet with the organization?

Seriously, there's a huge talent shortage, and the talent we do have is either underachieving (Uribe), injured (Crede) or aging/declining (Dye, Konerko, Thome, Erstad, Pods, AJ). Fields is one of the lone bright spots..maybe Wasserman, lol.

No quick fixes...unless we somehow can convince other organizations that the likes of Floyd, Phillips, Haeger, Broadway, McCullough, Sisco, Masset, Aardsma, etc., are actually worth something. Egbert, Russell, Gonzalez and De Los Santos had better arrive (and with positive results) in a hurry.

Going out and spending $15-20 million on the bullpen like the Orioles did isn't the automatic solution either.

If you look at 2005, though...it wasn't so much younger players that were the difference, it was the laddition of the likes of Pods, Vizcaino, Hermanson, El Duque, Contreras, Iguchi, players that were still close enough to their primes to "jell" as a unit or team.

Well said, Ozzie! I'm (expletive) tired of watching this same old (expletive) every (expletive) day too. I've (expletive) had it with this (expletive). C'mon White Sox! (expletive) turn it around and start showing some (expletive) life out there. As fans, we're (expletive) tired of this (expletive)(expletive).

:gosox2:

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 08:51 AM)
Does anyone seriously think Richar, Owens or Gonzalez are everyday players? Or has he reached Willie Harris status yet with the organization?

yes, I believe Richar is an everyday 2B and leadoff or #2 hitter. owens could be a #9 hitter, Gonzo is a bench player.

What did the Sox have in 2005 that they don't have now??? A chip on their shoulder. And don't give me that "some experts picked them to be 4th in the AL Central" crap. What they need are people who WANT to win. They need more Thome's, but with nads. Someone like, and I really hate to say this, Gary Sheffield. When he was playing, the Tigers were playing well and in every game. Since he's gone down...they aren't the same. Someone that gets in your grill, but not annoyingly like AJ.

That "anger management" thing that Ozzie had to go to really scared him straight, it seems. He's not being Ozzie. And Ozzie IS the personality of this team. I'm glad he said this and it's probably tame considering what he probably said behind closed doors. At this point, I can see someone that none of us would have expected to be moved...to be moved. I don't know who it is, but I can see it.

Start benching people Oz. Make a point. Go back to the Ozzie of 2005. Manage angry.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 08:08 AM)
Honestly, someone like Tejada would be a perfect fit for the firey energy that everyone is asking for.

Yeah, because when I think of a team that firey, that has balls, that tries hard to win every game and plays sound baseball...the first one to come to mind is baltimore.

Do I need the green?

Well one guy can't turn a whole hopeless team around, like Baltimore. What's so maddening with us is we HAVE talent, but it's disappeared.

I'm glad Ozzie did this. Although it is way too late. It's time to start calling these guys out on their embarassing lack of enthusiasm. I've never seen corpseball like this before.

Interesting that somebody above mentioned when Sheffield was gone, the Tigers lost their spark. Sometimes one guy, regardless of stats, can be a "leader" on our team with "leaders" that really only have stats.

Sound familiar? Hmmm...

Anyway, way to go Ozzie and he's right. I'd be embarassed to be paid what they're paid and to be that bad.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 08:52 AM)
Interesting that somebody above mentioned when Sheffield was gone, the Tigers lost their spark. Sometimes one guy, regardless of stats, can be a "leader" on our team with "leaders" that really only have stats.

Sound familiar? Hmmm...

So, you're telling me the entire key to this organization is Pablo?

Carl Everett.

My last post ever, because it's so dead on. :D

Just kidding.

You may be kidding but you're not off base. Certainly not a Carl Everett redux but a guy like him, someone with intensity who isn't afraid to rock the boat a bit and can back up his stuff. To me, there is no question whatsoever it is an element lacking on this team.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)
You may be kidding but you're not off base. Certainly not a Carl Everett redux but a guy like him, someone with intensity who isn't afraid to rock the boat a bit and can back up his stuff. To me, there is no question whatsoever it is an element lacking on this team.

AJ isn't cutting it?