Oz blows his cork...

Wanne

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 02:19 PM)
I never talked to the veteran guys about him but the younger guys love Razor Shines. Probably because they played for him and took to his aggressive style.

It's funny you say that... several of the young guys have said they hated his guts for the way he spoke down to them.

It's funny you say that... several of the young guys have said they hated his guts for the way he spoke down to them.

The 3-4 I've talked to indicate he is tough but he made them better players and they respect him for it and would go through a wall for him. I suppose it all depends on who is talked to and when and under what circumstances.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)
I thought the young guys, especially ones who were in the minors last year, loved Razor. I have so much respect for Shines sticking up for Sean Tracey last year.

This is a crazy thread. Some people have heard and seen such great things of Shines and I've heard and I know people here have heard some awful things about Shines. I don't like him, for what it's worth, but he confuses me.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)
This is a crazy thread. Some people have heard and seen such great things of Shines and I've heard and I know people here have heard some awful things about Shines. I don't like him, for what it's worth, but he confuses me.

You know what I find interesting? I haven't heard nearly the number of complaints about Shines this season that I heard about Cora @ 3rd the last 2. That to me says somethjing about his in-game performance, I think

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
Since this thread has comfortably morphed into the team's need for an inspirational influence, I am surprised that no-one has brought up the possible return old blood and guts .......... Aaron Rowand.

BLBSHADFBWE$%TU%#WQUY@WU@Q^%#UAEFHW$#UNI#@Q%YHQI#@YHQ#%K^JUHNQ#@^%JU#$ YU#Q% &Y@Q^Y42SDHG#Q$ Y&Q#^%&YU BQ@^$T qeryadfnhq@$^&yqery#@%#$&$^yuedgjnfsgy bq#$^ b!#$@^&!q#%&yuq#^%&yu q#%&y $q ^ju$t ^ju^$r

That was me vomiting all over my keyboard. I'm so sick of him and he's not even here.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)
You know what I find interesting? I haven't heard nearly the number of complaints about Shines this season that I heard about Cora @ 3rd the last 2. That to me says somethjing about his in-game performance, I think

I think a ton of that has to do with our lack of base runners this year. I made a remark last night about how I can't remember one time this year where we had a runner score from first on a double. However, Joey Cora was horrible last year, so Shines has been an improvement.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 06:49 PM)
BLBSHADFBWE$%TU%#WQUY@WU@Q^%#UAEFHW$#UNI#@Q%YHQI#@YHQ#%K^JUHNQ#@^%JU#$ YU#Q% &Y@Q^Y42SDHG#Q$ Y&Q#^%&YU BQ@^$T qeryadfnhq@$^&yqery#@%#$&$^yuedgjnfsgy bq#$^ b!#$@^&!q#%&yuq#^%&yu q#%&y $q ^ju$t ^ju^$r

That was me vomiting all over my keyboard. I'm so sick of him and he's not even here.

'Tis the way I've become with Chris Young.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)

Let's see ...... .310, .379, .515 with decent speed and above average defense from a center fielder (one of our 4 glaring position weaknesses), who for some reason would like to come back. Someone who is respected by his teammates and plays with the aforementioned passion that is missing. He probably will be available and would give a home town discount. He already proved to be a valuable piece, be it through talent or some sort of unifying 'je ne said quois'. I could come up with more 'vomitable' players than this, but there is only so much space available on these boards.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 03:21 AM)
Let's see ...... .310, .379, .515 with decent speed and above average defense from a center fielder (one of our 4 glaring position weaknesses), who for some reason would like to come back. Someone who is respected by his teammates and plays with the aforementioned passion that is missing. He probably will be available and would give a home town discount. He already proved to be a valuable piece, be it through talent or some sort of unifying 'je ne said quois'. I could come up with more 'vomitable' players than this, but there is only so much space available on these boards.

No, I hear you... seriously... but I also think you will see a HUGE downturn of those #'s should he come back, and if that's the case, no thank you.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
No, I hear you... seriously... but I also think you will see a HUGE downturn of those #'s should he come back, and if that's the case, no thank you.

I think you would see .270/.345/.470 out of Rowand... And I'd take that over Hunter anyday of the week.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
Since this thread has comfortably morphed into the team's need for an inspirational influence, I am surprised that no-one has brought up the possible return old blood and guts .......... Aaron Rowand.

Mr Inspiration plays in a league that makes Willie Harris look like a superstar. Where Ted Lilly looks like Johan. The last time the passion and the grinder was on the southside in a pennant race, he hit .235 and .245 in August and September and decided not to bring is bat to the playoffs But then again, this was before he slammed his grill into the fence, broke his nose and became ESPNs cute little grinder posterboy. I still remember, Bobby Jenks on the mound, the Indians sweating down our backs, flyball to centerfield, Rowand breaks back, uh oh it was a shallow hit ball. It bounces in front of the grinder. Not quite the grand defensive stud that laid himself out in Yankee stadium. I cant wait till some foolish team gives him the large money contract over a 4 to 5 year stint based on one year of hitting in a weak NL. If he goes back to the AL, he will be back to swinging at sliders in the opposing batters box.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Ozzie just needs to STFU. Worry about the Sox and their effort on the field. Also, I don't like the comments further down the page by Ozzie about how we might not have too much money to spend.

Edit: the headline was confusing, and I didn't realize it was Ozzie they stated about the money, and not KW. For some reason, I'm thinking we'll be trading for Tejada sooner rather than later.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
I love Ozzie.

BTW the people who think getting a top draft pick assures us getting a top player are sadly mistaken.

Baseball isn't like football especially if we draft a ... gulp, pitcher.

You got that right, it takes some years for a draft pick to develop. Getting the #1 draft pick won't bring back the days of 2005 over night.

Another article with similar quotes. However, for Ozzie to reference United States media people to kiss his ass.....that's just ignorant. I had been proud of Ozzie the last few months for how he handled himself in the media, but ever since the Red Sox debacle over the wknd, he's been acting like a baby.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 05:53 AM)
I agree. Ozzie knows exactly what he is doing to. I really am starting to buy him really wanting to just to get the hell out of here. He knows this season has been a disaster, and is once again smart enough to know it's going to stay like this for a few years, he mine as well leave now.

The whole thing has just become embarrassing, for all parties involved, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It's going to be friggin' bloodbath at SoxFest...

I haven't listened to sports radio in a long time, but where was the media blasting Ozzie for these comments? I didn't even know that the Chicago media knew the Sox existed anymore. I thought they're too busy planning their World Series trips to Boston. If Ozzie does want to leave, he should be the bigger person and just resign. No reason to embarass himself or the franchise, like you said.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:45 PM)

Ozzie just needs to STFU. Worry about the Sox and their effort on the field. Also, I don't like the comments further down the page by Ozzie about how we might not have too much money to spend.

Edit: the headline was confusing, and I didn't realize it was Ozzie they stated about the money, and not KW. For some reason, I'm thinking we'll be trading for Tejada sooner rather than later.

Its Gonzalez. He does that constantly. His headlines don't match the articles, and his supposedly objective "reporting" doesn't usually mesh with reality, as displayed in the quotes. He believes a certain thing to be true, he can't produce any actual evidence of it, so he makes you think the evidence exists. He is just not very good at his job.