Aaron Rowand

whitesoxmanager

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those that write off the impact of Rowand's trade just see it to be too SIMPLE a way to bring a whole team down, but in doing so, continue to underestimate the value of chemistry and the impact on a clubhouse of a vocal fighter.

We still have a majority of key players from 05 but this team they have no fight in them at all and have a manager that just could not find a way to right the ship.

Yes, injuries, an atroicious beginning, and low years for a few guys hurt, but there were many windows to get back in it and they sank lower and lower to the point where now the veterens are just mailing it in.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
Well... the team has hit rock bottom. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the threads have too. Between this one and CAPS MAN the board looks like a tornado of crap hit it.

This thread is awesome

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
Well... the team has hit rock bottom. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the threads have too. Between this one and CAPS MAN the board looks like a tornado of crap hit it.

MGMA000123-still_hires.jpg

THERE'S A s***CLOUD COMING, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Tears swell in my eyes after watching the Phils win today.

For all of you that thought Aaron Rowand wasn't going to be missed. I just wanna say a long overdue kiss my ass!

So are you sayng the Sox would be in first place right now if the mighty Aaron Rowand were here? What if the Sox had Willie Mays in his prime here. Would we better or worse then if we had Rowand?

The guy has put up 2 great years out of 6. Crash into a few walls and people lose sight of what he is: a career average OFer who is above average defensively but because he crashes into a few walls, some think he can walk on water.

Bob

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
those that write off the impact of Rowand's trade just see it to be too SIMPLE a way to bring a whole team down, but in doing so, continue to underestimate the value of chemistry and the impact on a clubhouse of a vocal fighter.

Chemistry is nice, but it's overrated. I can name teams that have won it all with players having fist fights in the clubhouse to teams that got along great and sucked. The Sox have AJ and he plays with fire and is vocal. Being talkaltive and liked isn't going to make JC pitch any better.

Bob

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
Iguchi has been fabulous for the Phillies. So has Rowand.

The Season From Hell continues.

Comparing Iguchi to Richar is like comparing Anna Kournikova to Kathy Griffin.

Who gives a s*** about Iguchi? There wasn't a single good reason to keep Tadahito but there were many good reasons to trade him.

We still have a majority of key players from 05 but this team they have no fight in them at all and have a manager that just could not find a way to right the ship.

Yes, injuries, an atroicious beginning, and low years for a few guys hurt, but there were many windows to get back in it and they sank lower and lower to the point where now the veterens are just mailing it in.

something needs to be said about how Aaron Rowand's attitude, character, team leadership, will to win & charisma has energized the Phillies clubhouse, fanbase, talk radio, and level of play.

something else tells me that this subject topic is exactly the message that Aaron Rowand would really like to convey to you HATERS. lets just say that i said it for him. HA HA HA!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
something needs to be said about how Aaron Rowand's attitude, character, team leadership, will to win & charisma has energized the Phillies clubhouse, fanbase, talk radio, and level of play.

something else tells me that this subject topic is exactly the message that Aaron Rowand would really like to convey to you HATERS. lets just say that i said it for him. HA HA HA!

:masturbatingmonkeysmilie:

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
I give a s*** about Iguchi when his replacement can't hit any better than Bee Bee Richard.

And what would be the point of still having Iguchi in the lineup at this point? At least with Richar out there the front office can get a look at him against major league pitching. Nothing good would have come from keeping Iguchi, there was literally NO downside to dealing him.

Because Kalapse, for whatever reason, I like to win games.

It's baseball season and I like when the Sox win.

I hate when they lose.

I hate it more when they are the laughingstock of baseball.

I don't give a s*** about draft picks. I just don't.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)

I hate when they lose.

This has jacks*** to do with draft picks, this has to do with the Sox getting a look at their top position prospect (Fields no longer being a prospect) in the final 2 months of the Major League season. Giving him the starting job for the rest of the season and maybe, just maybe finding a new $400K, 24 year old #2 hitter/2B which would be absolutely huge. Working out the future of this ballclub > Iguchi possibly winning this team 1 extra game down the stretch.

HA HA HA would be for the team that over pays the 4th OF for his career year in a weak NL.

Let us trade Konerko, Richar, Pods, and Uribe for Howard, Utley, Burrell, and Rollins and you could just about play me in center and accomplish the same thing. All those guys have done so far is combine for 102 homers and 347 RBI, with Utley missing a month nonetheless...

Working out the future of this ballclub > Iguchi possibly winning this team 1 extra game down the stretch.

Name one team in baseball that uses 2 months as a tryout for next year or the future.

It's a ridiculous philosophy.

You play the best players to win.

In the offseason if you are a good organization or a bad organization that gets lucky, you acquire some free agents (like Soriano, not Erstad; I hate to compare us to the Cubs).

A 2 month tryout is an insult to Sox fans who might want to spend a nice night at the park and try to win a few games or watch some games on TV and not have to puke because Fields is getting a tryout in left and some hack is at third.

And some prospect like Richar is making outs at a ridiculous rate.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)

I hate when they lose.

I'm not trying to start trouble, so don't get all worked up. But I've been wondering for the longest time.....greg775, why do you write each sentence on it's own individual line?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
Name one team in baseball that uses 2 months as a tryout for next year or the future.

It's a ridiculous philosophy.

You play the best players to win.

In the offseason if you are a good organization or a bad organization that gets lucky, you acquire some free agents (like Soriano, not Erstad; I hate to compare us to the Cubs).

A 2 month tryout is an insult to Sox fans who might want to spend a nice night at the park and try to win a few games or watch some games on TV and not have to puke because Fields is getting a tryout in left and some hack is at third.

And some prospect like Richar is making outs at a ridiculous rate.

No offense or anything but you have absolutely no clue how a professional baseball organization is run.