2003 Sox Roster

Soxplosion

With all the new rumors popping up and all the excitement, I think Ill have to issue yet another of my famous rosters.

TRANSACTIONS

1) Trade Mark Johnson and Mario Valenzuela for Cory Lidle

2) Trade Aaron Rowand for Juan Pierre

3) Trade Carlos Lee, Corwin Malone and Tim Hummel for Bartolo Colon

4) Resign Frank Thomas

LINEUP

Juan Pierre CF

D'angelo Jiminez 2B

Frank Thomas DH

Magglio Ordonez RF

Paul Konerko 1B

Joe Crede 3B

Jose Valentin SS

Joe Borchard LF

Miguel Olivo C

ROTATION

Mark Buehrle

Bartolo Colon

Cory Lidle

Jon Garland

Jon Rauch

BULLPEN

Dan Wright

Keith Foulke

Damaso Marte

Antonio Osuna

Rocky Biddle

Kelly Wunsch

Edwin Almonte

BENCH

Josh Paul

Willie Harris

Jeff Liefer

???

This team would kick some serious behind!

:metal

FYI, Thomas isn't an unconditional free agent, like Jamie Moyer and Jim Thome, where all 30 teams have a shot at signing them. He is the opposite, a conditional free agent, meaning he can sign with any of the other 29 teams, but not the White Sox, because at the moment, he is signed with us.

I think I have it right anyways.

Anyways, I personally believe you can immediately eliminate teams from the equation, those being the NL teams, KC, Detroit, Cleveland, Seattle, Texas, Anaheim, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Toronto and New York, which leaves, from the way I view it, about 4 teams that he could end up on.....the White Sox, the Orioles, the Red Sox, and maybe, but doubtfully(very doubtfully) the Twins....maybe not so much because they need him, but because they can make us pay for what we did. If Thomas can be a .310 35 120 guy, which he could do, and he did it for the division rival Twins and helped them win back-to-back divisions, it would be a bad thing for the White Sox as an organization.

I just hope he comes back and we defer about half of it, personally.

Guest hotsoxchick1

thomas could easily go to the twinkies.. they have quite a few FA'S coming on and they can really use a good dh..... wouldnt that be the icing on the cake if they did in fact offer him a deal even he couldnt refuse......talk about pissing the fans off in a major way.. thomas gone to our rivals only to come back and kick the living s*** out of us.........sounds like kennys kind of luck huh..........lmao..........

Thomas won't go to the Twins. Twins already have a lot of top outfield prospects and players and they will run a platoon type system where about 5 of them share 4 positions and Hunter will always be on the field.

Plus, Pohlad is cheaper then JR, so he isn't going to spend any money. I have heard talks that he may unload Jacque Jones, whose a great player in my opinion.

Guest hotsoxchick1

our 2003 roster will look something like this if kenny keeps alienating our guys.....

1st base.. paulie (his deal is done)

2nd base... i dont know

3rd base....guess who

short.....some guy

lf....borchard..(only because he got that heafty bonus to sign)

cf....your guess is good as mine

rf..... no one you know (maggs is talkin with the yanks)

catcher.... mark johnson (hes signed already)

your bull pen....

a bunch of guys no one gives two s***s about... no one is signed to any kind of decient deal so why stay around????

there ya have it folks our 2003 white sox under the rule of kenny williams master in his own mind.............