iPod nano help

Middle Buffalo

I listen to podcasts on my iPod, and all of a sudden today I can't get them to work. All of the music I have loaded will play, but under podcasts, it shows nothing. I have them in iTunes, and I have them checked to be synced to the iPod, but they don't show up anywhere. Anyone have any idea how to get them to load?

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:30 PM)
I listen to podcasts on my iPod, and all of a sudden today I can't get them to work. All of the music I have loaded will play, but under podcasts, it shows nothing. I have them in iTunes, and I have them checked to be synced to the iPod, but they don't show up anywhere. Anyone have any idea how to get them to load?

Mine does the same thing. I've tried to subscribe to podcasts, but my podcast area is always empty even when the podcasts show on iTunes.

I don't subscribe to the podcasts I like anymore, I just download them as mp3s, set the genre as "podcast", and find them by pressing "music, genres, podcast", then the artist.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 05:28 AM)
I don't subscribe to the podcasts I like anymore, I just download them as mp3s, set the genre as "podcast", and find them by pressing "music, genres, podcast", then the artist.

I did the same thing for a few days, but now "podcast" has disappeared from the "genres" list. I can't even find the podcasts under songs or artists like I have a few times.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
I had this happen to me recently, and I had to "rebuild" the Ipod (I forget what their terminlogy actually is). Basically had to have everything cleared out on the Ipod and reloaded.

That's what I did. Under devices, I went to owner's iPod and hit restore. It wiped out everything on the iPod and restored the original settings. It's not a big deal to me because I mostly use it for podcasts, and it reloaded all the checked items in my iTunes. It didn't affect my iTunes library in any way. It would have sucked if I had a bunch of pictures, etc stored, though. I couldn't find any other solution in the help section.