Cotts Update!

Ishmookie

My guess is this. They will get one good prospect, a mediocre one and a throw in.

They are paying all of his salary, which means Sox give up a bit more. I think it will be very similar to what they gave up for Alomar. Almonte was fringe, Ring was for real, Salvo isn't a major league caliber player.

I'd guess that it will be Diaz or something along those lines, Ginter or something along those lines and then a lesser guy, maybe Ryan Meaux (Great numbers, old for his level).

2 years ago if we made this trade everyone would have screaming please dont let it be corwin malone...would anyone care if it was malone now???...doesnt matter who the prospects are because none of us know who will delevop and who wont...for all we know cotts may never make it to the majors and the number 3 guy in the trade might be the next hall of famer...im just glad the sox brass realized that this was the time to go for it...if this move gives us a world series then i dont care if texas gets 3 future hall of famers from us

2 years ago if we made this trade everyone would have screaming please dont let it be corwin malone...would anyone care if it was malone now???...doesnt matter who the prospects are because none of us know who will delevop and who wont...for all we know cotts may never make it to the majors and the number 3 guy in the trade might be the next hall of famer...im just glad the sox brass realized that this was the time to go for it...if this move gives us a world series then i dont care if texas gets 3 future hall of famers from us

Hell no! :headbang

CWSOX45

It's strange to give them a list to pick from.

Why didn't we just offer a trade?

This isn't done often, is it?

It's been done before, it's a smart move by Kenny. By doing this the Rangers will be happy to send Everett to Chicago over night. Hart is no dumbass, I expect we'll see at least one good prospect leaving our farm system.

CWSOX45

baggio you think just like me. i was just mentioning this same idea to showtime, how if we had traded rauch a few years ago everyone would have been rips*** but he has yet to do anything in the majors in that time.

I'm with you on this. If it brings us a Series title, it was a GREAT trade regardless of who we give up.

Cotts, like Malone, has control problems. Malone, even tho I was high on him, has nearly dropped off the radar. In a few years, Cotts might too. You dont survive in the bigs when youre allowing 39 walks in 68 IP at AA...

Cotts, like Malone, has control problems. Malone, even tho I was high on him, has nearly dropped off the radar. In a few years, Cotts might too. You dont survive in the bigs when youre allowing 39 walks in 68 IP at AA...

It works both ways. Kerry Wood had big-time control problems at AAA. His ERA was above 6. Although I personally like pitchers that throw strikes.