Home Network Printer Sharing

Texsox

The old laptop I was going to use to link my HP printer to my homenetwork crapped out. The display suddenly stopped working. Now I am thinking about a wireless print server, but it seems silly to spend $70 when the printer is sitting next to the router. So far I have not found a wired printer sharing device. Anyone know if one exists? I searched the Linksys' site and googled but perhaps I am not using the correct search term.

The network is all laptops. Mac and PCs

Based on that, then, I would recommend getting a print server that you can plug right into your router using standard network cables.

You then assign the print server an ip address and set your printers on the network to print to that ip. If you watch, you can find those print servers for under $50.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 09:40 AM)
Based on that, then, I would recommend getting a print server that you can plug right into your router using standard network cables.

You then assign the print server an ip address and set your printers on the network to print to that ip. If you watch, you can find those print servers for under $50.

That's what I've been looking for but I've only found wireless. I was thinking I could find a wired version for