Happy 5th Anniversary to SOXTALK!

southsider2k5

August 30, 2002 was the first date that posters were moved onto Soxtalk.com. It is amazing to think that this site went from 128 posters at Soxnet.net to approaching 4000 people, and over 1.5 million posts in that amount of time.

You guys are the greatest, and this place is successful not because of the administrators or moderates like some sites think, but because of the people who post here.

Thanks to everyone :cheers

:drink :drink

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
August 30, 2002 was the first date that posters were moved onto Soxtalk.com. It is amazing to think that this site went from 128 posters at Soxnet.net to approaching 4000 people, and over 1.5 million posts in that amount of time.

You guys are the greatest, and this place is successful not because of the administrators or moderates like some sites think, but because of the people who post here.

Thanks to everyone :cheers

:drink :drink

Just over half those posts are yours :lolhitting

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
As another former ESPN boarder, this place is so much better. More sox posters, and less Boog.

haha good old Boog Alou, I remember him all too well as I was also a former ESPN border. Yes this place is a lot better, I remember hearing bad things about soxtalk over there, but they just had issues.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
haha good old Boog Alou, I remember him all too well as I was also a former ESPN border. Yes this place is a lot better, I remember hearing bad things about soxtalk over there, but they just had issues.

what was your name on ESPN boards?

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)

The funny thing is that he tried at least a half of a dozen times to join up over here. He couldn't handle that we all left him. His whole pathetic exsistance was at the expense of Sox fans. He didn't know what to do when there was no one to argue with him.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 10:20 AM)
The funny thing is that he tried at least a half of a dozen times to join up over here. He couldn't handle that we all left him. His whole pathetic exsistance was at the expense of Sox fans. He didn't know what to do when there was no one to argue with him.

Arizona Diamonback fan, no less.

weird.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
As another former ESPN boarder, this place is so much better. More sox posters, and less Boog.

lol, i remember boog

or the blue jays fan, smirnoffkid or something, who used to always post on the White Sox board because he was pissed about Mike Sirotka trade :lol:

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
lol, i remember boog

or the blue jays fan, smirnoffkid or something, who used to always post on the White Sox board because he was pissed about Mike Sirotka trade :lol:

He was pretty cool at least. There were a couple of other posters from other teams that were always good to talk to.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 11:09 AM)
He was pretty cool at least. There were a couple of other posters from other teams that were always good to talk to.

wait... Mr_Genius...who were you on ESPN?

Kmack was funny. Smirnoffkid was too. BridgeportJoe should have made a transition here, too...I think he tried.

Glad to be here at soxtalk where I can ignore baseball and talk about the stuff that matters:)