This is not good for Alex Rodriguez

frankie5angels

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 12:06 PM)
Who was on the better end of these deals? I'd give them credit if they released this guys to make a point but they traded them away and got equal return. Glaus was a salary dump and they got a pretty good return in Hudson.

Wasn't Grimsley still active on their roster when he was arrested?

Good point, we'd have to look and see if they were dumping or they would have made those trades as a normal part of their business.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 07:59 AM)
Before everybody breaks an arm patting the D-Backs on the shoulder and giving them kudos, don't forget the one fact that proves they are full of garbage. Luis Gonzalez, he and his 57 home runs, THAT Luis Gonzalez, was the star offensive player of their World Title team and had the game winning hit in game 7. Without his juiced up feats that season, they never even get to the World Series. So let's just slow down here. I know a different group was running things then, but I refuse to give an organization who won a title 6 years ago with a juicer as BY FAR their best offensive player much credit.

As I said earlier the old group owned by Jerry C seemed to sweep things like this under the rug, the new group has taken a good stand on this and that I applaud them for.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
Who was on the better end of these deals? I'd give them credit if they released this guys to make a point but they traded them away and got equal return. Glaus was a salary dump and they got a pretty good return in Hudson.

Wasn't Grimsley still active on their roster when he was arrested?

And that was what was so good about these deals AZ was still able to get solid value in return. With the problems Jerry C made by back rolling salaries and taking loans, if we cut Glaus I am not sure we could have paid him plus his replacement and other holes.

By 2009 all back rolled salaries should be payed and there was some good ones on that list; Omar Daal, Bernard Gilkey, Kelly Stinnett among 10 others.