Kanye West pulls race card out his ass again

juddling

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 12:48 PM)
people put way too much on this fifty-kanye thing, I disagree they would've sold more if they debuted different days, it's not a movie, where people will choose either/or, just getting people to the record store is more important.

That being said, neither album can touch Finding Forever.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
I've tried to like music in this genre, but I find very little in it of any musical value. Its kind of like horror flicks - a genre that is done often, and usually is both unoriginal and crappy. Once in a while, though, you get a winner.

If you haven't heard the glory that is Tim Dog than you are living a deprived life.

Funny thing is I'm sort of serious. I'm one of the few people on Earth that enjoys his work. But this is not a recommendation for you to seek out his discography.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
If you haven't heard the glory that is Tim Dog than you are living a deprived life.

Funny thing is I'm sort of serious. I'm one of the few people on Earth that enjoys his work. But this is not a recommendation for you to seek out his discography.

WTF, a Tim Dog recommendation? :lol:

He had his moments from 1990 to 1993. "I Get Wrecked" is probably my favorite track from his catalogue, although he says some corny sh*t in the second verse.

He's better than Ced Gee, though. At least he had that going for him.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
WTF, a Tim Dog recommendation? :lol:

He had his moments from 1990 to 1993. "I Get Wrecked" is probably my favorite track from his catalogue, although he says some corny sh*t in the second verse.

He's better than Ced Gee, though. At least he had that going for him.

He is extremely corny. When he uses polysyllabic words it sounds like he doesn't even know what they mean. Probably grabbed a thesaurus when writing his rhymes. He is great at boasting though. You'd think he was the greatest rapper of all time with the things he said. I mean come on...when you title a song "You Ain't s***" that is just priceless.

Penicillin on Wax has great beats and memorable, if crude, lyrics.

His album with Kool Keith as Ultra, Big Time, has actually stood the test of time pretty well.

At the very least he's provided vocal samples for hardcore techno artists (e.g. "Step to me if you're ready/You get chopped with a motherf***in' machete") for decades to come.

QUOTE(sti3 @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)

His album with Kool Keith as Ultra, Big Time, has actually stood the test of time pretty well.

At the very least he's provided vocal samples for hardcore techno artists (e.g. "Step to me if you're ready/You get chopped with a motherf***in' machete") for decades to come.

You still living in Uptown?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
I've tried to like music in this genre, but I find very little in it of any musical value. Its kind of like horror flicks - a genre that is done often, and usually is both unoriginal and crappy. Once in a while, though, you get a winner.

You never got into hip hop in the mid-to-late late 80s/early 90s? No RUN DMC, Public Enemy, Rakim, KRS-ONE, Slick Rick, Juice Crew, De La Soul, Main Source, Ultramagnetic MCs, EPMD, K-Solo, Gangstarr, Organized Konfusion, Sadat X, O.C., L.O.N.S., Freestyle Fellowship, Pharcyde, Del, etc?

QUOTE(sti3 @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)

Oh yeah, any time Ced Gee is involved, you're gonna have some classic beats. He's easily a Top 10 producer in the history of hip hop, what with the Ultramagnetic albums and BDP's "Criminal Minded" under his belt.

QUOTE(sti3 @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)

I like Keith's verses on "Ain't Nobody Happenin" and "Industry Is Wack", but I thought that the album was a waste of money at the time. The "Industry Is Wack/Ain't Nobody Happenin" 12" is great, what with the Kutmasta Kurt instrumentals.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
Oh yeah, any time Ced Gee is involved, you're gonna have some classic beats. He's easily a Top 10 producer in the history of hip hop, what with the Ultramagnetic albums and BDP's "Criminal Minded" under his belt.

Did he do their latest album? I'm not feeling it. And no Tim Dog?!?!

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
You never got into hip hop in the mid-to-late late 80s/early 90s? No RUN DMC, Public Enemy, Rakim, KRS-ONE, Slick Rick, Juice Crew, De La Soul, Main Source, Ultramagnetic MCs, EPMD, K-Solo, Gangstarr, Organized Konfusion, Sadat X, O.C., L.O.N.S., Freestyle Fellowship, Pharcyde, Del, etc?

I did actually have some albums from those folks - I even liked some. I liked some RUN DMC stuff, way back when. Mostly, I like Hip-Hop that's fun - not this gangsta tryin to be a badass stuff. That genre, to me, is best when it doesn't take itself too seriously. I actually liked, even better in that time period, the hip hop fusion with jazz stuff. Diggable Planets, Us3, etc. One could even put Tower of Power in there, maybe.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)

Ahh, no. And you are frightening me. I'm with NSS on this one.