WOOT! THREE WAY TIE FOR LAST PLACE IN MLB!

kapkomet

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
But win a game in the respect category.

There's not a single person who's not a White Sox fan or fantasy baseball owner that gives a f*** about the White Sox/Royals game tonight. When I saw the draft order before this season's draft, I couldn't have told you how many games any of the teams won who had a top 5 pick.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 01:21 AM)
LMAO@Cheat. Say what you want about Greg, but the man sticks to what he believes in. No matter how many people jump on him.

Agreed. That's why I'm one of the few that doesn't specifically argue with him during the whole draft pick subject. No matter what other knowledgable posters say, you won't win/convince him of that argument so it's quite moot. I agree with what others say and I agree with what Greg says about it. I have alot of respect for any poster like that no matter how dense and hardheaded that particullar acts sometimes. :P

Update those standings baby -- now a three way tie for second place with Florida coming back from behind to beat the Mets (bad for my parlay, great for the Sox). The Sox should lose to Johan tomorrow leaving eight games left. Minny should probably take at least one more from us this weekend. Detroit should take at least two from us as well. Basically, it'd be tough for me to see the Sox winning any more than five games the rest of the way, especially with (as already mentioned) Santana going tomorrow. Finally the Sox catch a break -- how 'bout dem apples!

Updated standings:

W L LB GB

Tampa Bay 63 90 -- -- #1

Baltimore 65 87 3 2.5 #2

Chicago Sox 66 87 3 3 #3

Florida 66 87 3 3

Pittsburgh 66 87 3 3

Kansas City 66 86 4 3.5 #6

Houston 67 86 4 4 #7

San Francisco 67 86 4 4

Washington 68 85 5 5 #9

Cincinnati 70 83 7 7 #10

Texas 70 83 7 7

OK. let's just push the discussion to the absurd. What would happen if the Sox management just flat out decided to forfeit the rest of their season?

If the Sox purposely tanked, they would be fined so much money the team would never sign a free agent again.

Just win, baby!!