New England Patriots...cheaters?

When you consider that McLaren got fined $100 Million for spying in Formula One racing, and Wade Wilson (a coach) got suspended for using HGH to treat diabetes-related ED, Belichick got off easy. He won't be paying any of his fine, really, and they lose what will probably be a below 30th pick.

BTW, if another Pats fan expresses the opinion that Mangini is the true villain here, I am gonna scream.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
When you consider that McLaren got fined $100 Million for spying in Formula One racing, and Wade Wilson (a coach) got suspended for using HGH to treat diabetes-related ED, Belichick got off easy. He won't be paying any of his fine, really, and they lose what will probably be a below 30th pick.

BTW, if another Pats fan expresses the opinion that Mangini is the true villain here, I am gonna scream.

You can extend 'Pats fan' to the entire ESPN network.

I loved watching the introduction to Sportscenter last week, one day after the news broke, when they led with "Did Mangini break an unwritten code of football?" Who gives a f***?! Amazing that people are so willing to defend New England that they'd rather criticize a coach for "ratting' rather than another coach for using a system to steal an opponents plays. Oh, that's right, others team we're probabgly doing it too so that somehow that makes it easier to accept.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 12:00 PM)
You can extend 'Pats fan' to the entire ESPN network.

I loved watching the introduction to Sportscenter last week, one day after the news broke, when they led with "Did Mangini break an unwritten code of football?" Who gives a f***?! Amazing that people are so willing to defend New England that they'd rather criticize a coach for "ratting' rather than another coach for using a system to steal an opponents plays. Oh, that's right, others team we're probabgly doing it too so that somehow that makes it easier to accept.

I loved Belichick's statement, "I misinterpreted the rule against videotaping".

Yeah, I misinterpreted the fact that I had to send a check to the IRS by the 15th of April. I thought that "Speed Limit 70" meant I could travel at 85 mph. What do you mean, I have to pay for those drinks?

What a douche.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 06:42 AM)
anyone else hear about the alleged microphones Pats defenders had to record offensive calls and audibles under the guise of being miked up for TV

The Jets have supposedly now made that accusation, and Goodell has requested that the Pats essentially turn over every single scrap of paper or recording they have of everything from that game, so we'll see what's included.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'll admit this slipped past me too.

Reader Abhijit Kumbare of San Jose, Calif., writes, "It is very fishy that the NFL immediately destroyed all the evidence submitted by the Patriots." Steve Libenson of New York writes, "Consider what the press reaction would have been if David Stern had collected all the evidence about the ref altering games, then immediately destroyed that evidence without saying what it showed, and did so four days after going on national television and promising to get to the bottom of things."

Fishy, indeed. On Sunday, Sept. 16, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell went on national TV and promised he would get to the bottom of the Patriots' sign-stealing. Four days later, the NFL announced all videotapes and other spying materials compiled by the Patriots had been obtained by the league and destroyed. Goodell, who until then had been very upfront in addressing the Beli-Cheat scandal, didn't go back on television to say what the tapes contained; the commissioner has been in radio silence about the Patriots since the files arrived at the NFL's Park Avenue headquarters. The league acted in a hurry to dispose of damning documents, but has not revealed what was in the tapes and notes, nor said why there was a rush to get rid of them.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
The NFL is all about team image. Unlike the NBA which has marketed their stars, the NFL likes to market their teams. This is on par with say a record setting slugger on steroids.

I think they pretty much threw McGwire to the wolves

:D