Sox may not be Done

Chisoxfn

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did KW drink a little George Steinbrunner???  I'm loving how gusty he's been!  Let's just hope he doesn't give up on Carlos Lee or Joe Crede.  Maybe Jiminez and Rios can be involved in this trade, if it, in fact, is gonna happen.

Since our starting rotation's looking pretty good now, why not put Weaver in the bullpen instead if we get him.

Yep.. completely out of character for him isn't it...?

Because it isn't him making the deals.. ? :huh: ;)

I don't know about anyone else, but if you watched Weaver pitch on Sunday you'd see why it would be an awesome pickup.  He could go to the rotation or pen (If he goes to the rotation, Wright goes to the pen) and that would finish things off.

I don't think it makes sense unless the Sox deal Jimenez and Konerko or something like that.

Weaver is a stud, imo.

Weaver is the type of stud that is best used for holding up walls.

He has an asshole personality and he hasn't exactly been blossoming in NY.

And Boras continues to be his agent so we'd never be able to re-sign him.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Because it isn't him making the deals.. ?

you noticed...... ;)

And Boras continues to be his agent so we'd never be able to re-sign him.
exactly.........

Do you think Kenny is preparing a three way trade so the Sox can get Ponson?

I'm just going to make this s*** up right away, Jason and Cerb or whoever can help speculate on this with me.

Yankees get:

Two Minor League Prospects

Baltimore gets:

Jeff Weaver

D'Angelo Jimenez

Cash considerations

Sox Get:

Sidney Ponson

Cash Considerations

I'd like to see this deal done, because of the fact that the Yankees want Weaver out of New York. By doing this I'm almost positive they'd be willing to pay for Weaver's salary to the O's and Sox. The only problem I see with this is that Jeff Weaver is an arrogant dick and most likely won't even re-sign with Baltimore if he was traded there.

If this trade were to happen then I could see Gary Glover being sent to AAA and Dan Wright moved to the pen, that is if Glover has any options left.

CWSOX45

i wouldnt mind weaver...but i dont see us getting the best of the yankees on any deal...any team dealing with the yankees always seems to give up more then they get in return...i think id look elswhere first...we are not desperate for a starting pitcher right now so we can till the end of the month and maybe pull off a deal like oakland did with us when they got durham for practically nothing...i think if we wait a better deal will come along

besides we really need another reliever...we could definately go that route alot cheaper and just keep garland and wright in the rotation

Where in the Hell have you been fellow? I thought you moved to New Zealand or somehwere. :bang

The Score is just bulls***ting trades now, mainly because ESPN 1000 has had the inside scoop on the Alomar and Everett trades. This doesn't make any sense at all, and when was the last time the Score was even close to sniffing out a trade? Gammons's trash is the Score's treasure.

Guest hotsoxchick1
The Score is just bulls***ting trades now, mainly because ESPN 1000 has had the inside scoop on the Alomar and Everett trades. This doesn't make any sense at all, and when was the last time the Score was even close to sniffing out a trade? Gammons's trash is the Score's treasure.

lol.. as i recall this is a first for gammons on our trade status as well....usually hes pretty "scoreish" when it comes to what moves we make .... :D :lol:

Because it isn't him making the deals.. ?

you noticed...... ;)

exactly.........

So Steff and HSC -

Who's behind it? Who is pulling the strings - EE and Rick Hahn?

In any case I love the thinking you pick up two quality major league players who may be free agents next year. But, if I understand this correctly, as long as you tender an offer to them that they choose to reject and opt for free agency, the Sox will receive a compensatory draft pick sandwiched between the 1st and 2nd round.

So for Alomar - what did we really give up? Royce Ring. I think it's fair to say the other player in that deal - Almonte and Salvo were not projected by the front office to make big contributions to the major league club.

For Everett - we don't know yet. But it's encouraging to hear that guys like Rauch and Honel are not among the list of eight players to choose from. You could speculate that it would extend to guys like Borchard and Cotts as well (keep your fingers crossed). But there is likely to be a jewel in the deal for the Rangers. So another front-line prospect is lost with two mid-level prospects.

With Alomar, Everett, Colon, Valentin, Daubach, Gordon, White, perhaps Thomas (I think that's all of them) potential free agents at the end of this season - the Sox could get up to EIGHT compensatory draft picks. That means they could have up to 9 or 10 of the top 100 players selected in the 2004 draft. To me that more than makes up for the prospects we are dealing. Granted these guy all start from square one.

Plus in 2004 you still have a fairly decent core group of players: Buehrle, Loiaza, Garland, Wright, Koch, Konerko (if he can come around), Harris, Olivo, Crede, Lee (if feel like they might keep him now), Rowand, Maggs, etc. That's not too shabby.

Is this a pipe dream, is my logic off? Let me know. :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1

what i understand hahn made the alomar deal... as for everett i dont know havent heard much yet... friends been busy with this stuff going on... anyhow.. you know kw didnt make them or they would have cost us a bunch of cash.. 1 major player and 2 minors in each deal and he would have NEVER given up on, sent for assignment or whatever.. jimenez (his boy) for ANYONE.... look how long we had to hold on to clayton for cryin out loud...... ;)

and for the record i love the alomar deal.. nice to have a 10 time gold glover defense at 2nd and jimenez the hell out of here......the everett deal is sinking in .. i dont like him much, but, if all pans out i may be able to feel better about it... as i understand it he wont be playing cf alot... :huh: mostly dh?? which probably puts frank at 1st more often which is good for us and him....either way its nice to have a few leftys in the lineup..ill give it a chance before i completely explode about it..theres too many fresh memories of kw f***ups and rolls of the dice that didnt work out still swirling around in my mind to completely let it go and be ok with the whole thing.......i approach the everett part of the deal with caution.......

Another team that may have some intrest in PK is the Dodgers.  They need a bat, even though one of there best bats is playing the same postion as PK(McGriff)

If they are willing to take on Konerko for say, Guillermo Mota, we have a done deal.

Do you think Kenny is preparing a three way trade so the Sox can get Ponson?

I'm just going to make this s*** up right away, Jason and Cerb or whoever can help speculate on this with me.

Yankees get:

Two Minor League Prospects

Baltimore gets:

Jeff Weaver

D'Angelo Jimenez

Cash considerations

Sox Get:

Sidney Ponson

Cash Considerations

I'd like to see this deal done, because of the fact that the Yankees want Weaver out of New York. By doing this I'm almost positive they'd be willing to pay for Weaver's salary to the O's and Sox. The only problem I see with this is that Jeff Weaver is an arrogant dick and most likely won't even re-sign with Baltimore if he was traded there.

If this trade were to happen then I could see Gary Glover being sent to AAA and Dan Wright moved to the pen, that is if Glover has any options left.

CWSOX45

Supposedly Orioles are showing interest in Konerko and Sox have had interest in Ponson for a long time. If the Sox could make that swap, I'd be happy.

Even if PK got back to his old ways with the Orioles, I wouldn't complain cause the Sox have to move his salary if they are going to sign all these guys.

Guest hotsoxchick1
, I wouldn't complain cause the Sox have to move his salary if they are going to sign all these guys.
the sox have to go all the way with this team this season, if jr is going to sign anyone next year....... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
We seriously need bullpen help. I think Daubach, Jimenez, and a decent prospect can get us a guy like Mota or Quantrill from the Dodgers.

dont think dauber will be going anywhere... i would rather dump paulie first.........

dont think dauber will be going anywhere... i would rather dump paulie first.........

The Dodgers would be more interested in Daubach. I've heard some Dodger fans talk about getting him. Dauber was a pretty good player with Boston, has alot of pop, and could put up numbers when they play him consistently. DLo can provide more offense at their top of the order. Throw in a decent prospect and I think we could land ourselves a guy like Quantrill (it would take more to get Mota), they could even throw in Shuey to dump some salary.

Guest hotsoxchick1
The Dodgers would be more interested in Daubach. I've heard some Dodger fans talk about getting him. Dauber was a pretty good player with Boston, has alot of pop, and could put up numbers when they play him consistently. DLo can provide more offense at their top of the order. Throw in a decent prospect and I think we could land ourselves a guy like Quantrill (it would take more to get Mota), they could even throw in Shuey to dump some salary.

the only reason i say no to dauber is if frank is gettin play time and something happens we have dauber (who is doing better than paulie and is cheaper i may add) to back him up... lets drop paulie while we still can... i have a bad feeling (and not to wish him bad luck or anything) but hes gonna just keep going down hill from here... mho.......keep dauber and send paulie and jimenez packing.......

I just thought of this...

If the Sox are looking at dealing major leaguers for other major leaguers, I'm thinking that Tony G may find himself as the "odd man out."  He and Konerko could both be gone within the next few days.

I think this makes sense. Graffy has not been playing much, which has surprised me since Jerry had in him there almost every game early. No reason to go over again why Konerko isn't in the line up. However, I wouldn't be trading a player with the capabilities of Paul Konerko for a number 5 starter. But, if the Sox have 10 days to decide what to do with Rios and Jimenez maybe Kenny can work a trade, which includes one or both of them. I think it might also involve another prospect type player since that is what most of these teams are looking for. Kenny W. has made things very interesting so far.

KW must be the only GM to never pull off a deal on his own. One thing about KW though is that he likes putting his mug out for display on trades he has nothing to do with. If the Alomar and Everett trades blow up in the Organizations face it's a good thing JR set KW up for the fall :bang

Guest hotsoxchick1
If the White Sox were to get anyone who could contribute for Jimenez and/ or Konerko, whoever made that trade ,be it Hahn, EE or KW would be executive of the year if not the century. They're not going to get anything worthwhile for those 2.

everyone has a price and a need... im sure that somewhere along the line we could find a nice deal........ ;)