Id pull the trigger on Konerko and Dj for any of these:

Ponson

Leiter

Weaver

Mota

Quantrill

Lidle

Escobar

at this rate.. to get rid of paulies salary and just flat out dump jimenez i would take navarro and mesa.........

Are we taking Dan Evans to be a dumbass or something? Do you not think he will look at Konerko's average and his power productions for the year and realize that he has hit 3 homers? Do you think he will give up Quantrill or Mota and take on a $20 mill risk in Paully? Paully can play 2 spots....1B and bench(and he's not bad at either one of them).

I think he'd consider taking Jimenez though....but we'd have to give them something that actually has value and is cheap to get a good reliever. Jimenez did get hot at the end of last year, but he has NO place to play in Chicago. He is 3rd on the depth chart at 2B, 3rd at the best at SS, and is probably about our 5th(or with my about our 8th or 9th) option from now on at 3B(I'd much rather have Tony G, Jose, Robby, Dauber, and hell, even Carlos and Miguel at 3B over DJ).

If we wanted to get something from LA and also get rid of PK in the process....we'd either have to make a 3-team deal with one team getting PK(not the Dodgers) and us getting the reliever, or we'd have to take about $15 mill of PK's salary.

Are we taking Dan Evans to be a dumbass or something?  Do you not think he will look at Konerko's average and his power productions for the year and realize that he has hit 3 homers?  Do you think he will give up Quantrill or Mota and take on a $20 mill risk in Paully?  Paully can play 2 spots....1B and bench(and he's not bad at either one of them). 

I think he'd consider taking Jimenez though....but we'd have to give them something that actually has value and is cheap to get a good reliever.  Jimenez did get hot at the end of last year, but he has NO place to play in Chicago.  He is 3rd on the depth chart at 2B, 3rd at the best at SS, and is probably about our 5th(or with my about our 8th or 9th) option from now on at 3B(I'd much rather have Tony G, Jose, Robby, Dauber, and hell, even Carlos and Miguel at 3B over DJ).

If we wanted to get something from LA and also get rid of PK in the process....we'd either have to make a 3-team deal with one team getting PK(not the Dodgers) and us getting the reliever, or we'd have to take about $15 mill of PK's salary.

Are we taking Dan Evans to be a dumbass or something?

Yes, yes I am. Have you seen what he gave up to get some of his guys?

Guest hotsoxchick1
Are we taking Dan Evans to be a dumbass or something?  Do you not think he will look at Konerko's average and his power productions for the year and realize that he has hit 3 homers?  Do you think he will give up Quantrill or Mota and take on a $20 mill risk in Paully?  Paully can play 2 spots....1B and bench(and he's not bad at either one of them). 

I think he'd consider taking Jimenez though....but we'd have to give them something that actually has value and is cheap to get a good reliever.  Jimenez did get hot at the end of last year, but he has NO place to play in Chicago.  He is 3rd on the depth chart at 2B, 3rd at the best at SS, and is probably about our 5th(or with my about our 8th or 9th) option from now on at 3B(I'd much rather have Tony G, Jose, Robby, Dauber, and hell, even Carlos and Miguel at 3B over DJ).

lol like hudley :huh:

lol like hudley :huh:

and Shuey...

what i understand hahn made the alomar deal... as for everett i dont know havent heard much yet... friends been busy  with this stuff going on... anyhow.. you know kw didnt make them or they would have cost us a bunch of cash.. 1 major player and 2 minors in each deal and he would have NEVER given up on, sent for assignment or whatever.. jimenez (his boy) for ANYONE.... look how long we had to hold on to clayton for cryin out loud...... ;)

that's what i was thinking when i first heard about the alomar deal. it seemed odd that KW would give up on jimenez so quickly (or even admit publicly that he wasn't playing well enough) considering his history of stubbornness with players he liked (read: clayton). this led me to believe that either KW had turned over a new leaf, or someone else was pulling the strings.

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC, Corg.. didn't Paul have bad blood with Dan when he was here? I thought Paul made a few comments when he was passed over for the GM job...? Either of you two remember this?  :huh:

im thinking back and i do recall something between them....im thinking.....give me a few minutes.. or most likely it will come to me when im sleeping .......lol then i have to get up and log on........... :lol: :rolleyes:

Yes he will take Konerko. Konerko needs at bats, and being traded might help him. Remember the Dodgers organization orginally drafted Konerko, maybe they want their boy back?

CWSOX45

Isn't Jimenez being designated for assignment?  And since he's out of options, won't he wind up being released?  That would take him out of any trade packages, yes?

Not neccessarily, if you're a team that wants him but are down on the waiver order you may make a trade to assure getting him, that's how we got Olivo for Bradford and basically Marte from Pitt.

Yes I have. He traded Grudz and Karros(who I believe are making $13 mill or something like that this year) for Hundley(who is making $8 mill this year). I believe Fred McGriff cost $5 mill, or something close to that.

You don't think that's a good trade? I'll trade my problems for your problem....and then he got McGriff. He basically made a deal of Grudz and Karros for McGriff and Hundley. Not a bad deal, if you ask me personally.

I personally think it's an alright trade....but maybe that's just me.

And last year, in trading for Shuey, he did something that KW/Hahn/EE/whoever made the deal might be doing now in trading a top prospect for a piece that you didn't necessarily needed. If Texas does get Cotts, we will look like fools to the real fan, because they'll see that all Cotts needs is control of his pitches, and he'll be a stud, and all we'll get is Carl f***in' Everett.

I don't think Evans is dumb enough to take Konerko. If he needed a bat, I could see him wanting Carlos Lee or Brian Daubach....but not Paul Konerko.