Sox may not be Done

Chisoxfn

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with D'Ang gone you have Harris backing up Alomar and more importantly on the bench for pinch running in those tight October games.

Rowand becomes your fourth outfielder as he has good enough defensive skills to come in late for any of our guys.

I think Everett needs to start in center because thats where the production is missing and keep Daubach in the lineup cuz he is really producing for us right now. No need to mess with what's working.

Well tomorrow you gotta get as many lefits into the lineup as possible. This season lefties are hitting .267 vs. Loshe, while right's only .222.

Also Loshe is coming off 3 bad starts (two of them vs. MIL), so don't expect him to be good tomorrow.

I just thought of this...

If the Sox are looking at dealing major leaguers for other major leaguers, I'm thinking that Tony G may find himself as the "odd man out." He and Konerko could both be gone within the next few days.

If the Sox are looking at dealing major leaguers for other major leaguers, I'm thinking that Tony G may find himself as the "odd man out."  He and Konerko could both be gone within the next few days.

Trading Konerko would make no sense as his value in the trade market is almost nothing right now.

If the Sox are looking at dealing major leaguers for other major leaguers, I'm thinking that Tony G may find himself as the "odd man out."  He and Konerko could both be gone within the next few days.

Trading Konerko would make no sense as his value in the trade market is almost nothing right now.

It would make sense if they added Weaver because Weaver costs money.

I do think Graffy could find himself the odd man out with Jimenez coming back to the roster or not going anywhere.

Maybe the reason nothing has been reported on Jimenez is that the Sox are trying to make room for him or trying to trade him (Although they have 10 days to do it).

This is me speculating.

He's the Robbie Alomar of this team.

Maybe Beantown!!!

Freddie Sanchez... would suffice :D

Konerko may be dealt but it will not be to the NYY with Giambi at 1B :bang . If he is dealt to the NYY, it will be short lived as the deal will, more than likely, have PK going to the NYY then traded to another team for someone else the NYY covet. The NYY have absolutely no use for PK. None.

Konerko may be dealt but it will not be to the NYY with Giambi at 1B  :bang . If he is dealt to the NYY, it will be short lived as the deal will, more than likely, have PK going to the NYY then traded to another team for someone else the NYY covet. The NYY have absolutely no use for PK. None.

I agree with you 100%.

What could make some sense is a Jimenez/Konerko deal with the O's for Ponson. This is if the Orioles are willing to add salary and take a risk that Konerko gets back in a grove.

Konerko may be dealt but it will not be to the NYY with Giambi at 1B  :bang . If he is dealt to the NYY, it will be short lived as the deal will, more than likely, have PK going to the NYY then traded to another team for someone else the NYY covet. The NYY have absolutely no use for PK. None.

Well rumor has it that Jason Giambi wants a player on the team to laugh at! Also Derek Jeter wants someone to put condoms on him before he bangs all those NY skanks..... so they could kinda use him.

I agree with you 100%. 

What could make some sense is a Jimenez/Konerko deal with the O's for Ponson.  This is if the Orioles are willing to add salary and take a risk that Konerko gets back in a grove.

It seems another trade would almost have to be pending. The sox are too heavy in certain positions.

The last time Weaver was moved he was involved in a three team deal........could Kenny be pulling a page out of Billy Beane's playbook?

Who else could possibly want Weaver?

CWSOX45

Cincinnati? St. Louis? ... Those are two teams desperate for starting pitching. I'd think San Diego would be interested in Weaver as well.

Trust me when I say Weaver wants no part of pitching for the White Sox. If Weaver has any say in it, even a smidge, he won't be coming here.

We dont even need weaver, whats the point? Is he really any better than Garland or wright? IF we make the playoffs, we already have our starting 3........

I agree with you 100%. 

What could make some sense is a Jimenez/Konerko deal with the O's for Ponson.  This is if the Orioles are willing to add salary and take a risk that Konerko gets back in a grove.

It seems another trade would almost have to be pending. The sox are too heavy in certain positions.

Well there was some talk that the Sox were talking trade a few weeks ago in regards to Ponson. We all speculated that it was Lee we'd move, but the Sox were talking about giving them Konerko.

When I think about it, the move would make sense simply because we dump that salary and Angelos has the bucks and is willing to add it.

This actually lowers the Sox payroll and gives the Sox some freedom to lock some guys up, plus they could even add another guy later on.

Well there was some talk that the Sox were talking trade a few weeks ago in regards to Ponson.  We all speculated that it was Lee we'd move, but the Sox were talking about giving them Konerko.

When I think about it, the move would make sense simply because we dump that salary and Angelos has the bucks and is willing to add it.

This actually lowers the Sox payroll and gives the Sox some freedom to lock some guys up, plus they could even add another guy later on.

You're thinking like JR now young Jedi ;) :lol: :lolhitting

Well there was some talk that the Sox were talking trade a few weeks ago in regards to Ponson.  We all speculated that it was Lee we'd move, but the Sox were talking about giving them Konerko.

You're thinking like JR now young Jedi ;) :lol: :lolhitting

I have to when I think of my trades. I know they just aren't going to add salary.

Somewhere I read tonight that the Sox and O's almost had a deal for Ponson worked out, but they could not agree on $$. I think the Sox wanted Balt. to pay more of his salary then the O's wanted to.

Also, I don't believe Texas is paying all of Everett's salary. The Sox were to receive cash considerations equal to a percentage of Everett's salary. That could translate to paying the percentage that is left, but I did not read it that way.

Lastly on money, I believe the Sox are paying $150,000 of Alomar's salary which is the pro-rated amount of the Major League minimum.

I think right now the Sox may of decided to pay a bit of Everetts salary so they didn't give up Cotts. Jeremy Reed, Wing, and Honel better not be a part of that deal either.

Damn, I"ll be a bit nervious till I heard the names, then I may relax or be pissed.

I think you may see them pull the Ponson deal now and move Konerko, either way they save money on the long run. I'd guess they'd be paying for part of PK's contract.

I think right now the Sox may of decided to pay a bit of Everetts salary so they didn't give up Cotts.  Jeremy Reed, Wing, and Honel better not be a part of that deal either. 

Damn, I"ll be a bit nervious till I heard the names, then I may relax or be pissed. 

I think you may see them pull the Ponson deal now and move Konerko, either way they save money on the long run.  I'd guess they'd be paying for part of PK's contract.

Reports out of Chicago are saying it's not Honel at least. Hope that makes you feel better :lol:

Supposedly, baseball is 90% mental (or so they say).

Jeff Weaver had nasty stuff in Detroit. He somehow managed to win in double digits a few times with a woefully s***ty team behind him that couldn't field, hit, or hold a lead.

Baseball is 90% mental, or so they say. He's in the BIGGEST fishbowl in professional sports, a place where the fans are unforgiving, demanding, and vicious. If he won 15 games this year, they would want to know why he didn't win 20. If he won 20, they would wonder why he didn't win 25.

He needs to get out of New York. Some guys can handle the pressure, some can't. He needs to escape and be rejuvinated. Could he do it here? That's up to Kenny Williams to figure out.

I think right now the Sox may of decided to pay a bit of Everetts salary so they didn't give up Cotts.  Jeremy Reed, Wing, and Honel better not be a part of that deal either. 

I think you may see them pull the Ponson deal now and move Konerko, either way they save money on the long run.  I'd guess they'd be paying for part of PK's contract.

Reports out of Chicago are saying it's not Honel at least. Hope that makes you feel better :lol:

Apparently Jon Rauch is also definitely not on the list.

Supposedly, baseball is 90% mental (or so they say).

Jeff Weaver had nasty stuff in Detroit.  He somehow managed to win in double digits a few times with a woefully s***ty team behind him that couldn't field, hit, or hold a lead.

Baseball is 90% mental, or so they say.  He's in the BIGGEST fishbowl in professional sports, a place where the fans are unforgiving, demanding, and vicious.  If he won 15 games this year, they would want to know why he didn't win 20.  If he won 20, they would wonder why he didn't win 25. 

He needs to get out of New York.  Some guys can handle the pressure, some can't.  He needs to escape and be rejuvinated.  Could he do it here?  That's up to Kenny Williams to figure out.

From the first time I heard about the Weaver trade I was like... Weaver is not a Yankee. I never though he would be as successful as he was with detroit and I was right.

i wouldnt mind weaver...but i dont see us getting the best of the yankees on any deal...any team dealing with the yankees always seems to give up more then they get in return...i think id look elswhere first...we are not desperate for a starting pitcher right now so we can till the end of the month and maybe pull off a deal like oakland did with us when they got durham for practically nothing...i think if we wait a better deal will come along

besides we really need another reliever...we could definately go that route alot cheaper and just keep garland and wright in the rotation