A pretty good "Top 100" list.

Kid Gleason

Pee Wee's Playhouse is listed, but Law & Order isn't.

Where are the Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock shows?

What about Inside The NFL during the Dawson/Buonicotti/Collinsworth years?

I'm not that big a fan of Family Guy, but where in the hell is it?

"MTV 1981-1992" -- What happened in 1993? Why is 1992 the cut-off point?

I see Gilmore Girls, Felicity, etc, but no Beverly Hills 90210?

I could probably sit here all day pointing out major flaws.

That list is atrocious, mang.

You can argue those that are missing, but with the exception of a few here and there, you can't argue those that are there.

MTV in 1992 had a certain show aired that changed that entire station and killed the "Music" on the show and can easily be credited for the wasteland that is Reality TV: The Real World.

(though the real world is on their list)

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 06:19 PM)
You can argue those that are missing, but with the exception of a few here and there, you can't argue those that are there.

I just don't know what to think after seeing these:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Felicity

Gilmore Girls

Married With Children

Pee Wee's Playhouse

Spongebob Squarepants

And not seeing these:

Law & Order

Beverly Hills 90210

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Chappelle Show

Family Guy

I'm not saying that I like Beverly Hills 90210, but it was pretty much the most popular show on television for like a 5 year stretch. And yet, Felicity gets the nod?

I won't argue with the rest of it. To me, shows like Survivor and American Idol are complete and utter suckfests, but I do recognize their impact on pop culture.

The exclusion of Law & Order is the one that really has me shaking my head, though.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 12:44 PM)
This is actually a pretty good list that is tough to argue with. They were smart to do it alphabetical instead of by rank. The omission of Fawlty Towers is sad though, as IMO it is the single greatest comedy (TV or movies) ever.

Ironic that I'm watching Fawlty Towers right now. It's definitely a classic and a damn good comedy, and TV show in general :P

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 06:36 PM)
<_>

You watch that butt? :D

I don't think it gets any cornier than "Married With Children", but if we were talking about a Top 200 list, you wouldn't hear me complaining. However, in light of what has been excluded, I can not let this ride.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
I'll agree with you if we can replace Beverly Hills with Rockford Files.

Yeah, but Kid, you can not possibly deny the impact that Beverly Hills 90210 had on pop culture. It was everywhere; you couldn't avoid it. Every girl that I knew back in the early 90s had Luke Perry or Jason Priestly posters hanging up on their walls. Or worse yet, Brian Austin Green posters. :ph34r:

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
Pee Wee's Playhouse is listed, but Law & Order isn't.

Where are the Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock shows?

What about Inside The NFL during the Dawson/Buonicotti/Collinsworth years?

I'm not that big a fan of Family Guy, but where in the hell is it?

"MTV 1981-1992" -- What happened in 1993? Why is 1992 the cut-off point?

I see Gilmore Girls, Felicity, etc, but no Beverly Hills 90210?

I could probably sit here all day pointing out major flaws.

That list is atrocious, mang.

Thanks, I won't bother clicking, this tells me all I need to know.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
BTW, I'm assuming that "The Three Stooges" and "The Marx Bros" don't qualify because all of that stuff was aired in theaters, correct?

The Marx Bros. only did feature length films. They may have had the rare little thing here and there, but I bet you couldn't name any of them, nor could most die-hard Marx fans, of which I consider myself.

Stooges were shorts, yes, so they wouldn't count.

I can't deny the impact of BH90210, but is the list made up of quality or impact? I think that is where to have to try and see through the crap and the inclusion of stuff such as 90210 and MARRIED tells me they used both criteria. BH would never even come close to touching my list, as it was complete crap. Why isn't it on there? Don't know.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
It's on there.

Everyone keeps telling me to check that show out, but I haven't seen an episode as of yet. What channel has reruns?

Just buy the DVD's... you will love them. I've watched all three seasons more than 5 times apiece lol.

You can watch all three seasons at the following link (except the last few, I don't know why.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/1

You can rent the dvd's at blockbuster, or the show is aired on G4 sporadically. I'd go with buying the DVD's, but that's because it's my favorite show of all time (sorry, Seinfeld.)

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
Just buy the DVD's... you will love them. I've watched all three seasons more than 5 times apiece lol.

You can watch all three seasons at the following link (except the last few, I don't know why.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/1

You can rent the dvd's at blockbuster, or the show is aired on G4 sporadically. I'd go with buying the DVD's, but that's because it's my favorite show of all time (sorry, Seinfeld.)

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll check 'em out on that tv-links website.