Thome Season Total

SkokieSox

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All he does is pull the ball, he's lost that good oppo power stroke when was the last time he hit a HR to left field?

Jim will get to 34 just as long as the final 10 games are all blowouts, if the game is close and Thome comes to the plate . . . forget about it, he'll K every time.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 03:03 AM)
All he does is pull the ball, he's lost that good oppo power stroke when was the last time he hit a HR to left field?

Jim will get to 34 just as long as the final 10 games are all blowouts, if the game is close and Thome comes to the plate . . . forget about it, he'll K every time.

Left center #500

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 03:19 AM)
There actually has been numerous rip jobs on Thome even last season. The latest when he was slumping a couple of weeks ago was that he had lost his power.

And what reasoning has caused this theory? The guy has hit a minimum of 30 every year except for one in the last 12 seasons.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
And what reasoning has caused this theory? The guy has hit a minimum of 30 every year except for one in the last 12 seasons.

That's the point, there is no reasoning. He's supposed to hit at least 40 homers every year or he sucks. Even when he was in a slump, and when he goes in one you can pretty much lob the ball up there and get him out, his AB per HR ratio for this season was almost exactly the same as Willie Mays' career ratio. The guy is a slugger. I hope his back holds up for more games in 2008.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
501 was as well.

Since when did Left-Center Field become the same as Left Field?

It's been a while for Thome though. He's been hitting his homers from Right Field, Right Center, Center Field, and Left-Center Field recently. Not sure if he's hit one to left this season, but he still does have those bodacious muscles of his to do so ei"g"her way. :D

BTW: I know im nit-picking I know Left Center is at the Left side of the field.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
That's the point, there is no reasoning. He's supposed to hit at least 40 homers every year or he sucks. Even when he was in a slump, and when he goes in one you can pretty much lob the ball up there and get him out, his AB per HR ratio for this season was almost exactly the same as Willie Mays' career ratio. The guy is a slugger. I hope his back holds up for more games in 2008.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...it would be a very smart move to pick a day when there is a lefty starter on the mound once per week and decide that JD is going to DH and Terrero (if he's still here) is going to play RF. Why push your luck and wind up getting JT hurt?

Thome has proven to me he's not finished.

I was concerned about Thome's production possibly declining.

I just hope he can keep his back healthy next season.

This order should return us to the top of the division ...

Renteria

Hunter

Thome

Dye

Paulie

Crede

AJP

Fields

Richar

Don't you agree?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
I've said it before and I'll say it again...it would be a very smart move to pick a day when there is a lefty starter on the mound once per week and decide that JD is going to DH and Terrero (if he's still here) is going to play RF. Why push your luck and wind up getting JT hurt?

Because I want 34 homeruns - that's why. :P

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 03:30 AM)
Since when did Left-Center Field become the same as Left Field?

It's been a while for Thome though. He's been hitting his homers from Right Field, Right Center, Center Field, and Left-Center Field recently. Not sure if he's hit one to left this season, but he still does have those bodacious muscles of his to do so ei"g"her way. :D

BTW: I know im nit-picking I know Left Center is at the Left side of the field.

What's the difference, you want him to hit the foul pole or something? As long as he can hit homeruns to both sides of the field with authority, I don't see any downside to hitting to left center vs. left. If anything it's better, he's slashing the gaps.

Besides 501 was in left.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
What's the difference, you want him to hit the foul pole or something? As long as he can hit homeruns to both sides of the field with authority, I don't see any downside to hitting to left center vs. left. If anything it's better, he's slashing the gaps.

I was obviously kidding gep. I wasn't trying to make anything out of nothing like what your doing here.