Thome Season Total

SkokieSox

Numbers mean everything in baseball and Thome now has had a very good year.

He drove me crazy like everybody else in making tons of outs when the season was

not yet over, but numbers don't lie. He had a very good year.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 02:34 AM)
well, nice bet dude

Best part about it is two other future's bets are panning out so far as well in the same day.

Maddux 13.5 wins over 180 to win 150

Phillies win division 257 to win 514

I lost a bet on the Sox winning over 87.5 games, but all in all it was a very successful wagering season with the day to day amounts leading the charge for me.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Best part about it is two other future's bets are panning out so far as well in the same day.

Maddux 13.5 wins over 180 to win 150

Phillies win division 257 to win 514

I lost a bet on the Sox winning over 87.5 games, but all in all it was a very successful wagering season with the day to day amounts leading the charge for me.

You should give half to whoever/whatever lit the fire under his ass the past few weeks

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
I disagree, it meant he can still be a productive major league player. Something I am sure was in question in June and even July.

That has much more to do with health than it does his ability. If he's healthy, he's still going to be one of the best power hitters in the game.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)
That has much more to do with health than it does his ability. If he's healthy, he's still going to be one of the best power hitters in the game.

Exactly. When he feels OK he is just as good as he has ever been. When he's hurting, he doesn't provide much.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
Exactly. When he feels OK he is just as good as he has ever been. When he's hurting, he doesn't provide much.

Look at this April of 06 and his September of this year. It's obvious he was feeling great, and he just exploded.

The problem I think is the fact that he's hardly ever 100% anymore; with such a violent swing, it's hard for him to stay 100% all year long. Thus, I think it's a key for next year to bring in somewhat of a platoon partner for him. Not necessarily a true platoon, because taking Thome's bat out of the lineup hurts the team quite a bit even against lefties, but getting him rest against tough lefties with a LHP masher would be very nice. I think the organization planned on that this year with Eduardo Perez, but that just didn't pan out. That should be an area the Sox look at this offseason.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
The problem I think is the fact that he's hardly ever 100% anymore; with such a violent swing, it's hard for him to stay 100% all year long.

I don't think it's violent, just very hard. His form looks good, and he goes the other often enough, looking like he stays in control. He's just got ole country power, and at his age and back history, it may tighten up on him once in a while. However, even with the time missed, he's produced the last two years.