Who is the juicer in your neighborhood?

Well I guess we can start the speculation... What Boston athlete is about 6'5" and 276 pounds? It sounds like a football size, but isn't David Ortiz about that size?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3028585

BOSTON -- The U.S. Attorney's office here said Wednesday that a St. Louis company admitted distributing human growth hormone to athletes and entertainers, and agreed to pay a $10.5 million fine and to cooperate with investigators.

The company, Specialty Distribution Systems Inc. (a subsidiary of Express Scripts), said in a news release that it "does not condone the use of human growth hormone for anti-aging, cosmetic or performance-enhancement purposes."

The U.S. Attorney's office disagrees, saying that Specialty supplied HGH for a "well-known" athlete in Massachusetts and an "entertainer/athlete" who received a shipment was 6-foot-5, 276 pounds, according to the New York Daily News.

No one from Specialty is expected to be charged as long as they cooperate with prosecutors. The admission, however, figures to pique the interest of officials in the NFL, nab and Major League Baseball, who have been trying to establish if any of their athletes have been involved in this case, or another in Albany, which has resulted in 22 indictments.

Two prominent athletes have been involved in HGH headlines recently. Rodney Harrison of the New England Patriots was suspended for four games, while Rick Ankiel of the St. Louis Cardinals has been questioned by MLB, but has not been disciplined.

From the Pats, guys who are even close:

52 Alexander, Eric LB 6'2" 240 2/8/1982 3 Louisiana State

88 Brady, Kyle TE 6'6" 280 1/14/1972 13 Penn State

12 Brady, Tom QB 6'4" 225 8/3/1977 8 Michigan

98 Brown, Chad LB 6'2" 245 7/12/1970 15 Colorado

66 Paxton, Lonie LS 6'2" 260 3/13/1978 8 Sacramento State

55 Seau, Junior ILB 6'3" 250 1/19/1969 18 USC

50 Vrabel, Mike OLB 6'4" 261 8/14/1975 11 Ohio State

86 Thomas, David TE 6'3" 248 7/5/1983 2 Texas

84 Watson, Benjamin TE 6'3" 255 12/18/1980 4 Georgia

58 Woods, Pierre LB 6'5" 250 1/6/1982 2 Michigan

From the Red Sox:

38 Curt Schilling R/R 6-5 235 11/14/66

34 David Ortiz L/L 6-4 230 11/18/75

The U.S. Attorney's office disagrees, saying that Specialty supplied HGH for a "well-known" athlete in Massachusetts and an "entertainer/athlete" who received a shipment was 6-foot-5, 276 pounds, according to the New York Daily News.

So both an athlete in Massachusetts and an entertainer/athlete (wrestler?) that's 6'5" and 276 lbs. According to this, the athlete in Massachusetts isn't necessarily 6'5" and 276 lbs.

Meanwhile, Hulk Hogan is 6'5" and 276 lbs according to wikipedia :P

(my brother pointed this out to me)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
So both an athlete in Massachusetts and an entertainer/athlete (wrestler?) that's 6'5" and 276 lbs. According to this, the athlete in Massachusetts isn't necessarily 6'5" and 276 lbs.

Meanwhile, Hulk Hogan is 6'5" and 276 lbs according to wikipedia :P

(my brother pointed this out to me)

Wow, I totally misread that... I took it as one person. Thanks for catching that. That makes it wide open on who the athlete could be.

I wonder what names will trickle out of this raid?

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/113546.html

WASHINGTON, Sept. 25 Sports leagues seeking the names of players implicated in a huge steroid raid must wait until more of the operation can be revealed, U.S. federal agents said.

"It's not going to be something where the DEA says, 'Yeah, come over and take a look,'" Rusty Payne, a spokesman for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, told The Washington Post. "There's going to be serious, serious (Department of Justice) involvement."

Federal agents Monday revealed an 18-month investigation into steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs coming from China. The investigation resulted in raids in 10 countries, including the United States where 124 arrests were made in 27 states, most of them in the last week.

Client lists were seized and sports leagues, including major league baseball, want to know if their players are implicated, the Post said. No well-known professional athletes have been connected to the raids, dubbed Operation Raw Deal, Payne told the Post.

You know, as much as I find some perverted glee as these names are made public, I do feel bad for the kids who jave idolized their favorites. And it just isn't kids. I can think of at least one Sox icon that if I heard he juiced, I'd probably stay away from baseball for a long time.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 10:45 AM)
You know, as much as I find some perverted glee as these names are made public, I do feel bad for the kids who jave idolized their favorites. And it just isn't kids. I can think of at least one Sox icon that if I heard he juiced, I'd probably stay away from baseball for a long time.

I think a lot of us have one. And for a lot of us, it's probably the same guy.