Interesting recap

Kyyle23

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270920103

Hopefully ESPN wont fix all of the errors in this recap before you click on the link. Anyhow, I was on ESPNs homepage and saw there was almost-brawl in the Angels-Mariners game, so I checked out the link. It seems they got a few different recaps confused with each other

Here is the "The Closer Look" segment at the top of the page

• Summary: Vladimir Guerrero ran his hit streak to 12 games and hit a two-run homer to spark the Angels to a win. Los Angeles improved to 53-25 at home.

• Unsung hero: Jayson Werth hit his seventh homer of the season in the seventh, a pinch-hit shot that trimmed the Nats' lead to 6-5.

• Did you see that? Mariners reliever Jorge Campillo was ejected in the sixth inning after throwing at Guerrero's head for the second time. Campillo also threw at Guerrero's head in the fourth inning.

• No. 700: The win was manager Mike Scioscia's 700th with the Angels. He also has 595 losses since taking over the team in 2000.

• Figure this: Garrett Anderson had three RBIs for the Angels and has 65 RBIs in the 63 games since the All-Star break.

• Hunt for October: The Angels win over Seattle pushed their AL West lead to 9½ games and moved their magic number to clinch the division to one.

-- ESPN.com news services

And this is in the body of the summary-

Guerrero, who's been the designated hitter instead of playing right field because of a sore right triceps, said he reacted differently than usual because he was angry. He began slowly striding toward Campillo, but Seattle first baseman Ben Broussard then Scioscia got in front of the star, who didn't get anywhere Campillo.

Guerrero then stood alone beside the plate while the other players shouted and shoved around the mound before the umpires broke it up.

"If I'm going to get hit, that's fine. You can hit me, but stay away from my head. When they do it twice, that's too much," Guerrero said through a translator. "And what they did to our catcher, too."

Jeremy Hermida led off the bottom of the ninth with a single and Miguel Cabrera doubled. Alfredo Amezaga's grounder scored a run, and another run came home on Mike Jacobs' infield hit.

Cody Ross' fly ball landed a foot fair for a double, and the tying run scored on Matt Treanor's groundout.

Weaver said he had no intention of hitting Johjima.

I dont know, its not a huge deal or anything, I just found it funny. They will probably correct the summary/recap by the time most of Soxtalk clicks on the link provided