Liberals: Funding Our Destruction?

Controlled Chaos

Liberals: Funding Our Destruction

By Kevin McCullough

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Though they have a hard time recognizing it or even admitting it, liberals in America, are sowing the seeds for the future annihilation of America as we know it.

I say they have a hard time recognizing it, because when conservatives validate such theories, liberals like Los Angeles based talk show host Stephanie Miller makes a joke of it when opposing me on CNN. She said that she "like most Democrats, want to be killed by a terrorist." They're dismissive, derisive, and instead of answering the substance - they resort to snorting at those of us who make the observation. They go to great lengths to defend the New York Times, who told Al Qaeda of our counter terrorism methods regarding the listening in on their phone calls, and the sniffing out and freezing of their money supplies.

The liberals in my city - New York - are at it again, but what you do not realize is that this time, they are forcing us to not only tolerate the scheme but forcing you to cough open your wallet to help fund it.

How?

By using federal as well as municipal tax-dollars [/url]to open, operate, and secure an Islamic Madrassa in Brooklyn cleverly disguised as a public school.

New York City has whined and complained about Homeland Security funds, but who in Washington D.C. could really justify putting two vans worth of extra police on security detail for a school this small?

The great con is that liberal Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his Democratic lackey NYC Schools Chancellor Joel Klein are out spreading the lie that their is no religious influence or indoctrination occurring at the school. So the tax-payers held their breath to see if Klein and Bloomberg were telling the truth.

They weren't!

The first lesson on the first day, of the first week of the new school year for the fifty-seven students that are attending the madrassa was a guest lecture by Imam Al-Hajj Talib Abdur-Rashid, of the Mosque of Islamic Brotherhood in Harlem.

No religious instruction? But the first lesson is by an Islamic religious leader?

And the subject of his first lesson: "Jihad!"

So you have a religious leader, teaching on one of the most controversial doctrines of the Islamic faith on the very first day, who could have guessed?

But this wasn't the first sign of trouble.

Midway through the summer the woman tapped to be principal of the tax-payer funded madrassa, Debbie Almontaser, suggested that perhaps the way the school could raise funds to help with additional programs (you know the junior suicide bombers of America) could be to sell t-shirts that announced an "Intifada" in New York. Thinking we were all as daft as Democratic Congressional delegations she explained that it did not mean what we think it means. Within a day or so my listeners had delivered thousands of phone calls to the city council, most were rebuffed. It was only after Almontaser was discovered to have direct ties to members of Hamas and Hezbollah that she was finally relieved of her duties.

Considering that one of the doctrines of Islam allows Muslims to lie to anybody and everyone we should not be surprised that they would say one thing to our face and then flip into Arabic and begin the brainwashing cycle of the next generation. Islamic scholar Robert Spencer indicated on my show a week ago that Muslims who claim not to practice jihad fall in one of two categories. 1)They are bad muslims not as fully committed to their faith as they should be, or 2)They are practicing Islam as it is allowed when Islam is the minority in the nation. They are allowed to lie to, and even cooperate with, the culture long enough for Islam to take root and then spring to fundamentalism when the numbers are in their favor.

Daniel Pipes in writing for the New York Sun this week also outlined the troubling scenario of previous Muslim school settings on American soil being used to advance radical Islam and pan-Arab nationalism.

Why Bloomberg, Klien, and liberals in general are such stooges for the Islamic shuck and jive is little beyond comprehension.

Islamic scholars like Spencer, and Dr. Ergun Canor, have long pointed out that the Islamic experience is, not akin to, nor compatible with the American mainstream. In Arabic society and culture there is no distinction between the mosque, the school, the house of government, the home, or the courts - it is all Islamic. All of the systems are centered around the teachings of the religion. And when the religion is as big of a fraud as Islam is, tight control must be maintained over every aspect of life.

So when liberals speak of tolerance for Islamic instruction, what they mean is, "let's let them convert the mind, bodies, and souls of the next generation." No wonder Osama spoke with such high praise for the Democrats in his video this week.

I would like to see every American that reads this column to dial this number 202.224.3121 next week and demand that Congress rescind all federal education dollars alotted to the New York City public schools until this madrassa is closed. Call several times a day. Call several days this next week. Call your Congressional House members and your United States Senators.

Britain is presently looking to expand the number of Muslim schools its tax-payers will fund. The foolish thinking there is like those of the American left, "give them what they want and they will be nice to us."

100% WRONG!

It is the goal of Islamic society, faith, education, and law to convert the world to Sharia rule and it is their commitment to wage jihad until such occurs.

In light of this I find it repulsive that liberals can be so naive so as to insist that we pay for that coming destruction out of our pocketbooks today...

And its time to say so!

1. I followed all the various links to their ends, and see nothing whatsoever about where he gets the idea that this private school is somehow publically-funded. It may be - but he shows nothing to indicate that. Its a private school, therefore, I assume its not taxpayer funded. That being the case, the whole premise of the article is flawed.

2. This author might actually be taken seriously if he didn't take the supposed actions of a few people, and then make the leap to all "liberals". The title of the article embraces two of the key tenets of extremist conservative marketing - fearmongering and the use of the straw man argument.

3. If you follow the links, you eventually reach the NY Post article talking about the "Jihad" class, and find that the whole purpose of that lecture is to tell students that struggle is good, but holy war is not. Nevermind that, though - its much more effective to get everyone riled up thinking this school is teaching kids that holy war is good. Makes for better news.

This article is about as valuable as the rantings of Hannity or Olbermann.

This sorta points out what others were talking about in another thread. In our culture today muslim=terrorist. It's sad that he's so anti-Muslim, but at the same time I'm in complete agreement that the government should stop funding schools that teach jihad and employ administrators with ties to terrorist groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.

And I also agree that, in general, the liberal push for complete neutrality in anything and everything is leading us down a path that we don't want to go down.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)
1. I followed all the various links to their ends, and see nothing whatsoever about where he gets the idea that this private school is somehow publically-funded. It may be - but he shows nothing to indicate that. Its a private school, therefore, I assume its not taxpayer funded. That being the case, the whole premise of the article is flawed.

2. This author might actually be taken seriously if he didn't take the supposed actions of a few people, and then make the leap to all "liberals". The title of the article embraces two of the key tenets of extremist conservative marketing - fearmongering and the use of the straw man argument.

3. If you follow the links, you eventually reach the NY Post article talking about the "Jihad" class, and find that the whole purpose of that lecture is to tell students that struggle is good, but holy war is not. Nevermind that, though - its much more effective to get everyone riled up thinking this school is teaching kids that holy war is good. Makes for better news.

This article is about as valuable as the rantings of Hannity or Olbermann.

Its a Public School

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
This sorta points out what others were talking about in another thread. In our culture today muslim=terrorist. It's sad that he's so anti-Muslim, but at the same time I'm in complete agreement that the government should stop funding schools that teach jihad and employ administrators with ties to terrorist groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.

And I also agree that, in general, the liberal push for complete neutrality in anything and everything is leading us down a path that we don't want to go down.

I agree, by the way, that this or any other school pushing a religious agenda should not be getting public funding. But I don't see any evidence in the article about that.

As for neutrality, I think calling the "liberal" view as neutrality is a vast over-simplification, just as it would be if I said that "conservatives" are all interested in another crusade in the Middle East. Neither are accurate.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:31 AM)

Thanks for the link. That is very interesting. So its definitely a public school, and supposedly it will be emphasizing Muslim curricula?

No way that should be funded by taxpayer dollars. If they want to go have that school that is fine, but you cannot choose a specific religion to emphasize or put in a pole position like that if its public. I am not OK with that.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:35 AM)
Thanks for the link. That is very interesting. So its definitely a public school, and supposedly it will be emphasizing Muslim curricula?

No way that should be funded by taxpayer dollars. If they want to go have that school that is fine, but you cannot choose a specific religion to emphasize or put in a pole position like that if its public. I am not OK with that.

There are a bunch of these so called public islamic schools around the US. I get a kick out of how they get around the whole religion in the school bit.

Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy, Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, differs from KGIA in being a charter school, so it has more room to maneuver than a regular public school. But it shows alarming connections via its principal, Asad Zaman, to the Muslim American Society, the American branch of the Muslim Brethren, founded in Egypt in 1928 and perhaps the largest, most dangerous Islamist organization in the world.

Plus, the three-year old school has a distinctly Islamist tone, as Kevin Featherly reports in a Minnesota Monthly article, "Brothers' Keeper":

a visitor might well mistake Tarek ibn Ziyad for an Islamic school. Arabic as a second language is mandatory. Headscarves are voluntary, but virtually all the girls wear them. There is a carpeted prayer space in the middle of the building that is similar, Zaman says, to spaces provided by several Minneapolis public schools. And there is the vaguely religious-sounding language used in the school. At one point, a conversation with Zaman is interrupted by the intercom: "Sister Zamia, please call the office. Sister Zamia, 2-2-1." "[Muslims] refer to everyone as a ‘brother' or a ‘sister,' " he explains. "We are all children of Adam."

For more local color, note details in an article, "A Place to Belong," by Tammy J. Oseid, in the Saint Paul Pioneer Press on November 7, 2004:

Boys in uniform khaki pants and girls in headscarves and modest dresses line up neatly to go to Arabic class. The mostly Somali class carefully circumnavigates the carpeted prayer area in the middle of the school as they follow a scarved teacher. Tarek girls aren't required to wear hijab, or headscarves, but almost all do—they say they want to imitate their mothers or teachers. About half of the teaching staff is Muslim and wear hijab; the others are mostly Christian and dress modestly but with uncovered heads. During Ramadan, all the children follow the traditional dawn-to-dark fast, so there's not so much temptation for each child, [parent Eman] Ibrahim said.

Fourth-grader Najma Ahmed says she feels more comfortable at Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy than at Highwood Hills in St. Paul, which she attended previously. She always had plenty of Muslim students to pray with there, but she likes that at Tarek almost all of her classmates are Muslim and many of her teachers are, too. …

A class at the Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy, Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota.

About 1 p.m. every day, Tarek students stream out of classrooms, clean up in the restrooms, kneel down facing the east and begin to pray. Zaman says he doesn't track students' religion, but almost all children participate in the daily prayer. … The school's calendar and day are set up to accommodate Muslim students. Classes break during the noontime prayer; vacation days are scheduled on Muslim holidays instead of traditionally Christian ones. The cafeteria is free of pork and other foods Islam prohibits.

The name of the school itself is also based in religion. General Tarek ibn Ziyad's bloody battle marked the beginning of the Muslim rule of Spain in the eighth century. He famously burnt the boats his army used to cross the Mediterranean sea.

(

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:31 AM)
I agree, by the way, that this or any other school pushing a religious agenda should not be getting public funding. But I don't see any evidence in the article about that.

As for neutrality, I think calling the "liberal" view as neutrality is a vast over-simplification, just as it would be if I said that "conservatives" are all interested in another crusade in the Middle East. Neither are accurate.

How is that not an accurate statement? I'm not saying every last individual who is liberal thinks that way, but in terms of ideology that sort of thinking is definitely on the left and not the right.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
There are a bunch of these so called public islamic schools around the US. I get a kick out of how they get around the whole religion in the school bit.

I wonder, if there are Muslim ones, how many Christian or Jewish ones are there? Or other religions? Must be some. In any case, I wouldn't be comfortable with funding that with tax dollars, as I said earlier.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)

Well duh, it's not Christian. I don't think the country, nor the courts, are aware that there are other religions besides christianity in the constitutional context.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:58 AM)
How is that not an accurate statement? I'm not saying every last individual who is liberal thinks that way, but in terms of ideology that sort of thinking is definitely on the left and not the right.

Actually, that's not the case at all. In fact, throughout many phases in history, even in this century, it was the Republicans that favored a more isolationist view. The Democrats were more likely to want to get involved elsewhere. Perhaps you and I have different ideas of what the word "neutrality" means, though.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)
Actually, that's not the case at all. In fact, throughout many phases in history, even in this century, it was the Republicans that favored a more isolationist view. The Democrats were more likely to want to get involved elsewhere. Perhaps you and I have different ideas of what the word "neutrality" means, though.

I mean neutrality in everything, not just war. Being politically correct, the ACLU and it's ridiculous arguments/causes about discrimination and fairness, a big push for everyone to be cookie-cutter americans who all think and act alike, etc. Maybe 'neutral' wasn't the right word. I think in the context of this guys article it's the liberals who want to keep an open mind about other religions and their teachings, even if the teachings could ultimately hurt us. Obviously this guy takes it to the extreme though.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:58 AM)
I wonder, if there are Muslim ones, how many Christian or Jewish ones are there? Or other religions? Must be some. In any case, I wouldn't be comfortable with funding that with tax dollars, as I said earlier.

It either is prayers are okay in all public schools or none of them. I couldn't care less if they prayed to a tree, its the principle of how aggressive we see the ACLU get with a nativity scene, or a Christmas tree, or other symbols. But open praying is okay, as long as it isn't Christian. Remember that tool that was suing the schools for separation of church and state because he was an atheist and the Pledge had Under God in it. If I want my children to receive religious instruction I will send them to a Catholic school. If someone wants their children to be instructed in a Muslim eduction, then flip the bill and send them yourself, same thing with Jewish or Wiccan or whatever. Its not up to the taxpayers to flip the bill for my children's religious education. Same thing goes for this.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:35 AM)

Aren't conservatives in favor of school choice (vouchers)? :lolhitting I guess when the voucher is used at the local Protestant School it's ok. And I believe being ignorant of Jihad is a mistake. I would hope that everyone is taught about Jihad since it is shaping events around the world. How does one teach current events and ignore the concept of Jihad?

NSS said it better in his first post. I'll shut up. This crap isn't worth defending.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 11:06 AM)
I mean neutrality in everything, not just war. Being politically correct, the ACLU and it's ridiculous arguments/causes about discrimination and fairness, a big push for everyone to be cookie-cutter americans who all think and act alike, etc. Maybe 'neutral' wasn't the right word. I think in the context of this guys article it's the liberals who want to keep an open mind about other religions and their teachings, even if the teachings could ultimately hurt us. Obviously this guy takes it to the extreme though.

OK, now I see what you meant. Then that is sort of true, yeah. Although, if liberals are more about that, and conservatives are more confrontational, I am not sure that one is better than the other. I think they both have their place.

It's my understanding that the prayer is not school sponsored, nor mandatory. The American Center for Law and Justice provides guidelines for what would consist of the lawful exercise of prayer in schools.

Students may pray when not engaged in school activities or instruction, subject to the same rules designed to prevent material disruption of the educational program that are applied to other privately initiated expressive activities. Among other things, students may read their Bibles or other scriptures, say grace before meals, and pray or study religious materials with fellow students during recess, the lunch hour, or other non-instructional time to the same extent that they may engage in nonreligious activities. While school authorities may impose rules of order and pedagogical restrictions on student activities, they may not discriminate against student prayer or religious speech in applying such rules and restrictions.

I fail to see the issue as to why its unacceptable to change a school's calendar to be respectful of the dominant religion within that particular school. Most schools have Christmas off, for example. On Long Island and in New York, many schools (public and private) close for Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashanah because of a large Jewish student population.

Altering a schedule to be respectful of your student body's traditional schedule is fine. Providing a carpeted area to pray in, if people so choose to pray is fine. There's nothing illegal or even immoral about that.

As for the "madrassa" in New York City, it doesn't teach Muslim teachings, it teaches Arabic and Arabic culture. The original principal was fired after OUTRAGE by people from the New York Post and WABC and WOR that she didn't seem to find the words "Intifada in New York City" offensive on a t-shirt. She explained the meaning behind the word Intifada and shrugged it off further by saying "It's just a t-shirt." Many, many educators stood up for her, including the person who succeeded this principal at this new school in New York City. By the way, the public school that everyone here keeps thinking is a Madrassa? It's principal is currently a non-Arabic speaking Jewish woman.

If schools can be sued by the ACLU for 'endorsing' religion by allowing a graduation speaker to say a prayer, then I think structuring your class schedule around a religious prayer schedule could easliy be construed as the same sort of endorsement.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
It's my understanding that the prayer is not school sponsored, nor mandatory. The American Center for Law and Justice provides guidelines for what would consist of the lawful exercise of prayer in schools.

I fail to see the issue as to why its unacceptable to change a school's calendar to be respectful of the dominant religion within that particular school. Most schools have Christmas off, for example. On Long Island and in New York, many schools (public and private) close for Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashanah because of a large Jewish student population.

Altering a schedule to be respectful of your student body's traditional schedule is fine. Providing a carpeted area to pray in, if people so choose to pray is fine. There's nothing illegal or even immoral about that.

As for the "madrassa" in New York City, it doesn't teach Muslim teachings, it teaches Arabic and Arabic culture. The original principal was fired after OUTRAGE by people from the New York Post and WABC and WOR that she didn't seem to find the words "Intifada in New York City" offensive on a t-shirt. She explained the meaning behind the word Intifada and shrugged it off further by saying "It's just a t-shirt." Many, many educators stood up for her, including the person who succeeded this principal at this new school in New York City. By the way, the public school that everyone here keeps thinking is a Madrassa? It's principal is currently a non-Arabic speaking Jewish woman.

ACLU

Classic

some guy that works at the DMV puts up a chistmas decoration and the ACLU busts in there, tasers him, sues him and demands hate crime charges be leveled all in the name of separation of church and state.... oh, but a state funded muslim school is fine. lol

I think the ACLU's position in this 8 year old case is incorrect. IMO, it's fine to make accomodation to allow students to express their religion without creating a state endorsement of religion. Like allowing a bible study group to meet outside of instruction times, or like allowing muslim students a carpeted floor to use to kneel and pray from, or closing the school because a large minority of students follows a certain religion and will not be in that day anyway.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
Classic

some guy that works at the DMV puts up a chistmas decoration and the ACLU busts in there, tasers him, sues him and demands hate crime charges be leveled all in the name of separation of church and state.... oh, but a state funded muslim school is fine. lol

Just another shining example of this leftist organizations hypocrisy. Just another example of how anything that fits their agenda to destroy Western Civilization is fine while anything that preserves it is bad and should be litigated out of existence.

QUOTE(NUKE @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 02:02 AM)
Just another shining example of this leftist organizations hypocrisy. Just another example of how anything that fits their agenda to destroy Western Civilization is fine while anything that preserves it is bad and should be litigated out of existence.

Still hoping for that 1950's Ozzie and Harriet life. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 08:09 AM)
Still hoping for that 1950's Ozzie and Harriet life. :lolhitting

No. Still hoping for organizations like the ACLU to quit being such hypocritical assholes. I guess that's just as forlorn a hope as it is hoping for you to quit defending them for it.