A Little Help PLease, Probably from the college crowd

Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
So it is the only drug that does not impair you in anyway? It makes you sharper, better reflexes, improves judgment? No way it could contribute to a death. Wow. I stand corrected.

yeah man, didn't you hear? weed does all sorts of amazing things:

cures male pattern baldness: Ever seen an unharry hippie?

ends world hunger: damn, when you got the munchies, you don't just sit around waiting for some documentary film crew to take pictures of your starvin' ass.

solves unemployment: unemployment only counts people who WANT to work...s***, I ain't got time to work with all the weed I'm smokin'

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 11:57 AM)
So it is the only drug that does not impair you in anyway? It makes you sharper, better reflexes, improves judgment? No way it could contribute to a death. Wow. I stand corrected.

Getting a hair in your eye can contribute to a death, cell phones, blurry contact, all of those can contribute. But it has not caused a death, get it?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 12:08 PM)
Getting a hair in your eye can contribute to a death, cell phones, blurry contact, all of those can contribute. But it has not caused a death, get it?

And no one makes statements that cell phones contributed to zero deaths.

As you should because you are resorting to completely twisiting people's posts just to make an argument and pad a thread.

You can't OD on weed. It's just physically impossible. Nobody here is saying it doesn't impair one when used.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
As you should because you are resorting to completely twisiting people's posts just to make an argument and pad a thread.

You can't OD on weed. It's just physically impossible. Nobody here is saying it doesn't impair one when used.

I agree you can't OD on weed. I agree that weed is probably less harmful than alcohol. It wasn't mentioned, but I will also state I believe weed is illegal because of racist attitudes back in the 20s.

But people are kidding themselves if they think pot has never contributed to a death. You are twisting what I wrote, I never said you could OD. But weed would be the only drug where someone wasn't impaired and got in an accident. Cold medicines do it. Alcohol of course, prescription drugs all the time. But y'all think that would NEVER happen with pot. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
I agree you can't OD on weed. I agree that weed is probably less harmful than alcohol. It wasn't mentioned, but I will also state I believe weed is illegal because of racist attitudes back in the 20s.

But people are kidding themselves if they think pot has never contributed to a death. You are twisting what I wrote, I never said you could OD. But weed would be the only drug where someone wasn't impaired and got in an accident. Cold medicines do it. Alcohol of course, prescription drugs all the time. But y'all think that would NEVER happen with pot. :lolhitting

Have you seen the statistics. You would have to smoke about 900 joints I believe to overdose. Imagine the amount of White Castle you would need to consume to satisfy that hunger.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Have you seen the statistics. You would have to smoke about 900 joints I believe to overdose. Imagine the amount of White Castle you would need to consume to satisfy that hunger.

Did you read my post? Are you high? :lolhitting I said I agree you CAN'T od on weed.

And btw, :lolhitting at the White Castle reference :notworthy :headbang

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 05:57 PM)
Did you read my post? Are you high? :lolhitting I said I agree you CAN'T od on weed.

And btw, :lolhitting at the White Castle reference :notworthy :headbang

I know. I was just giving the ever important statistic.

Its hilarious. Have you ever seen the show intervention? I cant wait until they do one on weed.

"List John. Your snacking has gotten out of control, your video game skills are top notch and you are WAYYYY too laid back. You need to go to rehab of ytou will ruin your life and never die."

I'll be the first one to admit here that I smoke weed (or used to I guess) and drink alcohol and I must say I am the coolest motherf***er on captain planet. "Grandma says goo" (long story on that famous saying). Actually there were some posters I definitely remember doing the same thing on this site (either still do it or quit) and they had interesting stories. It was a thrill going on AIM seeing these people type away their adventures.

I have since stopped smokin BTW (haven't rolled a blunt since 4-20.)

EDIT: check that July (friend's b-day before his baby was born)

The only thing I tell the people I know personally is to not mess with the booger sugar. I've never tried it and that s*** can actually f*** up your life. But all in all... dat green is teh shiznit. Gotta love Homer Simpson and Otto.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 11:45 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1509595:date=Sep 25, 2007 -> 04:49 PM:name=santo=dorf)-->
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
<!--quotec-->You can't OD on weed.

I beg to differ

yeah, for what it's worth, Mrs PA interns at a local hospital that just admitted a patient who was ODin' on Marijuana that he ate. Nearly died.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
yeah, for what it's worth, Mrs PA interns at a local hospital that just admitted a patient who was ODin' on Marijuana that he ate. Nearly died.

There had to be something else in it, you cannot OD from marijunana, its physically impossible.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
There had to be something else in it, you cannot OD from marijunana, its physically impossible.

The reason for this is because there are no cannabinoid recepters in the brain stem.

QUOTE(Markbilliards @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 01:12 PM)
For those of you who have done weed, did you find it addicting?

I am a frequent user, and like any part of routine, yes it can be. But at the same time, its something that you can go without and not have extreme withdrawl like other things such as coffee.

QUOTE(Markbilliards @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 01:12 PM)
For those of you who have done weed, did you find it addicting?

Yes, only because it's very easy to get into a routine of doing it, as Rock said. There would be times when I just had to smoke and then play video games for like 4 hours...it was like a f***in necessity. But I came to school, and I just don't smoke down here at all (which is kind of weird that I smoke when I'm home but not at school...probably has to do with my inability to smoke and drink).

So to answer your question, yes it's addictive, but it's pretty easy to break the addiction so long as you can change your routine.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
my p.s. included a statement about Ginseng. can you OD on Weed and Ginseng and then eating the mix?

* Ginseng counterbalances the mind-boggling effects of cannabis and helps the consumer to maintain better under its influence.

* Ginseng is an excellent tonic for the nerves, blood circulation and glands. It also helps the body to heal itself more swiftly. If one is planning to party heavily and smoke or consume immoderate amounts of cannabis, substantial doses of ginseng root or ginseng tea, taken several hours beforehand, will enable person to so indulge and yet maintain his equilibrium.

http://users.lycaeum.org/~sky/data/cooking.html

so that's why someone would, but it didn't help, it's kind of neat though

however, according to Wiki, you can overdose on Ginseng. That's probably what happened, and definitely not marijuana

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
http://users.lycaeum.org/~sky/data/cooking.html

so that's why someone would, but it didn't help, it's kind of neat though

however, according to Wiki, you can overdose on Ginseng. That's probably what happened, and definitely not marijuana

seriously...what's up with the abs and big nips?