so it's pretty likley we'll finish close to 72-90...

Hideaway Lights

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
I don't get where people's contempt for BP/BA stems from. Do people expect a 100% CORRECT rate?

BP does tend to whine, but who cares? They have a system for predicting things that is sometimes right and sometimes wrong. I'd like to go back to before the seaosn and read what all the prognosticators here saw. I include my self in that category as I had them winning close to 90. I bought into Williams love for Masset and other relievers at Soxfest. Whoops.

But if we go over people's predictions year in and year out here, I doubt they're more accurate then BP. BP just chooses a different way to predict it, a way that a lot of people won't or can't grasp since it involves numbers. And of course people here are goin to be defensive when they predict the team they love will do badly.

Bob

QUOTE(gosox41 @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
BP does tend to whine, but who cares? They have a system for predicting things that is sometimes right and sometimes wrong. I'd like to go back to before the seaosn and read what all the prognosticators here saw. I include my self in that category as I had them winning close to 90. I bought into Williams love for Masset and other relievers at Soxfest. Whoops.

But if we go over people's predictions year in and year out here, I doubt they're more accurate then BP. BP just chooses a different way to predict it, a way that a lot of people won't or can't grasp since it involves numbers. And of course people here are goin to be defensive when they predict the team they love will do badly.

Bob

Here is the 2007 predictions thread: http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56867

In the Toby Hall injury thread I had the White Sox at 81 wins, so even I -- as someone who's continually pessimistic-- couldn't have forseen such a dropoff.

Also . . . http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57475

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
Here is the 2007 predictions thread: http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56867

In the Toby Hall injury thread I had the White Sox at 81 wins, so even I -- as someone who's continually pessimistic-- couldn't have forseen such a dropoff.

I didn't post in that thread, but I'll give Damen his props. He was spot on what needed to happen and I agree despite the 81 wins which IMO, he was being generous. 4th place might not be too far off considering we are tied for 4th (or 5th/last) with the Royals now. Whitesoxrandy also was dead on (probably moreso) Some others also had some types of predictions right.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)

I'm pretty sure I"m not in that thread...

But mine were

Tigers & Indians -- I went back and forth on these two. 89-94 wins was my prediction for both, depending on when you asked.

White Sox -- I had 'em for 84.

Twins -- I had 'em for 83 (the reason I put them behind the Sox was the backend of the rotation. Would I have known that Ponson/Ortiz would be dispatch so quickly, I would have predicted higher. Still too high.

Royals -- 63... oops.